Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solution for shoes falling off??

• 09-07-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    so i've had a long-standing problem with slip on shoes (of the high heel variety)- they neve blood stay on my feet! I have very long and narrow feet (size 8, but very skinny), so normally shoes are too wide on me. So far I've just stuck to shoes with straps on them, but i'd love to know if there's something out there that would help solve this problem??!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Have you tried putting insoles inside the shoes? I sometimes have the same problem and have found that using insoles (sometimes more than one in the same shoe:D) can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Insoles and Heel grips? Haven't a clue how heel grippers work but I heard my auntie go on about them before. Maybe someone else will know. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I have a similar problem, very narrow feet but smaller than yours.

I have tried insoles, gel pads at front, heel grips, wearing a size too small, booby tape all over the inside, spraying inside with hair spray so it's all sticky, tightening the back strap way more than normal, sticky plasters on the side, etc...

I did see on a website before 'invisible straps' that you can put on over your shoes, kind of like gel bra straps, I'd say they would work but I personally don't like them. http://www.tallerheels.com/
    www.tallerheels.com

NOTHING has worked so if you find a solution please share.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

silicone insoles are best for grip - try party feet in boots or any major chemists store,or even supermarket,some newsagents sell them too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 naidy123

I read somewhere that some people use double sided sticky tape to keep the foot from falling out? worth a try anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Try getting getting shoes a size or a half size smaller than what you usually are. I find court shoes are always too big for me in my normal size and fall off. Heel grips etc didn't make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I've always had major issues keeping slip on shoes on my feet. It was an absolute disaster as my feet are very narrow, especially around the heel. Nothing made a difference, insoles, gel heel strips (which I put on the heel of the shoe, as well as at the sides of my feet), shoes that are a size too small, etc. But now I've resorted to wearing half a size smaller and it's an absolute miracle. I can actually wear court shoes now and have no problems walking around with no odd steps trying to keep my shoes on.

M&S do pretty much all their shoes in half sizes and the prices can be pretty reasonable. €25 should get you a decent pair if you wanted to try out a pair without breaking the bank!

Advertisement