Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest curry in Dundalk

Options
  • 09-07-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Im looking to know where the nicest curry, and I actually mean curry sauce, in Dundalk.

So hit and miss this past while in different places, got a chicken curry in the china kitchen and the curry sauce was as thin and watery and no real taste of it really.

Sick of getting a poor curry so where is the nicest????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

If Im getting a curry Id only go for Wiltons or the takeaway in the Adelphi Jade.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Dunny! wrote: »
    If Im getting a curry Id only go for Wiltons or the takeaway in the Adelphi Jade.

Where is Wiltons?

The Adelphi is nice grub but I refuse to go back after the ignorant dog service we got when sitting in it one night, wont be getting a cent of my hard earned again I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Wiltons used to be watery and bland but we've had it twice lately and it was totally different, much much nicer. Youngs is in a league of its own imo but it's very expensive. The Black Wok in Blackrock is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

trixyben wrote: »
    Where is Wiltons?

The Adelphi is nice grub but I refuse to go back after the ignorant dog service we got when sitting in it one night, wont be getting a cent of my hard earned again I tell ya!

Wiltons is on Bridge Street if its still in business, good food there if still trading

Wiltons are still trading alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Dunny! wrote: »
    Wiltons are still trading alright.

Bridge street? People go there??? :D

Deliveries are a great thing my friend! :D

Nice Day on the Dublin road is very nice IMO. Youngs is probably my favorite but far too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

For curry it has to be the Chinese accross from the Windsor (Lams)! Pricey but class..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nesta99 wrote: »
    For curry it has to be the Chinese accross from the Windsor (Lams)! Pricey but class..

I don't think they do delivery though, do they ?

+1 to Nice Day. It's quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

New world in Muirhevna Mor is the best curry going imo. They do liver as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Anybody who thinks you can get a good curry in a Chinese obviously doesn't know what good curry is! :P

doncarlos wrote: »
    Anybody who thinks you can get a good curry in a Chinese obviously doesn't know what good curry is! :P

Have never had an Indian curry I liked.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Went back to them last week for a change.

Ordered chicken curry with no onions.

Went in to pick it up - 13 quid for the curry. About a fiver more than the likes of China Kitchen/Adelphi etc for a similar portion.

Got home - Onions in it.

Fúck. That. Shít.

So the problem was with the service not the curry and how can ye have a curry without onions - sacrilage!

Don the best curry ive had was a Thai green curry in Thailand, nothing has ever stood up to it but in Dundalk well we make do. Never liked Indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Hey. I hear the Riva Brassierie beside the Square do a great Thai Green Curry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

So the problem was with the service not the curry and how can ye have a curry without onions - sacrilage!

Don the best curry ive had was a Thai green curry in Thailand, nothing has ever stood up to it but in Dundalk well we make do. Never liked Indian food.

Any restaurant that fails to serve what was ordered is dead to me, regardless of my liking for Onions or not.

I also, for the record, didn't think the actual curry was nice enough to justify the considerable difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Youngs in Church St. has the nicest curry in town imo but WAYYYYYY to expensive !!:eek:
    Wiltons in Bridge St. is also good and great value with diced breast of chicken curry @ €4.50 and crispy breast of chicken curry going for a mere €5.50.(price incl. boiled rice or chips)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Lams across from the Winsor used to be much nicer but their sauce is way way too hot now.When I eat it all I can taste is h.o.t..
    They are very expensive also but you really do get a curry that is packed full of chunks of breast meat.
    They do fab onion rings also.
    I have kind of given up on getting a nice curry now.
    New Ocean in Blackrock was nice but its closed.

Nice Day on the Dublin road is very nice IMO. Youngs is probably my favorite but far too expensive.

It was on the Newry rd, has it moved?

• Advertisement

New world in Muirhevna Mor is the best curry going imo.

And a very generous bag of chips too. Their curry is quality but we ordered it so often we got a wee bit tired of it. Wouldn't mind a feed of it now actually:).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

13e for a curry is daylight robbery. Its only a bit of rice and chicken after all.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

Be careful of the one across from imperial.

I used to like it until I bite into chicken and it was completely raw.

I gave it a few months and tried again. Was great again for about 3 months until I found a comb in it.

Never again.

A comb???!:D Wtf? That's even odder than the pen in Cheungs:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kegzmc wrote: »
    Be careful of the one across from imperial.

I used to like it until I bite into chicken and it was completely raw.

I gave it a few months and tried again. Was great again for about 3 months until I found a comb in it.

Never again.

My order is getting longer.
    Chicken curry, no onions, no mice, no pens and no combs.
    Hard to get a good curry around Dundalk.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

That's what i said. Wtf.

Curry with fried rice and no comb please.

Ooh and can I have my chicken well done please.

Ann22 wrote: »
    It was on the Newry rd, has it moved?

It's the same road :pac: Nah you're right, Newry Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Maybe they were looking for flied lice with the comb !! ?? :pac:

**coat on and >>> g.o.n.e :(**

Maybe they were looking for flied lice with the comb !! ?? :pac:

**coat on and >>> g.o.n.e :(**

Out and stay out:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Have never had an Indian curry I liked.

What did you order and from where? There are dozens of types of curries. I do like the occasional curry in a Chinese but you simply can't compare to the flavours you get in an Indian.

Advertisement