Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest curry in Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Don the best curry ive had was a Thai green curry in Thailand, nothing has ever stood up to it but in Dundalk well we make do. Never liked Indian food.

I'd honestly suggest giving it another go. Best would be with a group and everybody order a different dish and share. Always going to be something you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

kegzmc wrote: »
    Be careful of the one across from imperial.

I used to like it until I bite into chicken and it was completely raw.

I gave it a few months and tried again. Was great again for about 3 months until I found a comb in it.

Never again.

Is that Sunrise you are talking about?.
    I have been there a few times,always thought it was lovely .

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

Has to be a Madras from the Punjab!!! Great job, deliver too or can order from justeat.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I know the thread is about curry - thought would be a bit sad to start a new thread on best spare ribs! Defo Youngs but again pricey. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Where's youngs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Antares wrote: »
    Where's youngs?

Down on bridge street, across from conlons.

+1 for the curry on dublin street, i get one every friday, well worth the extra few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Down on bridge street, across from conlons.

+1 for the curry on dublin street, i get one every friday, well worth the extra few bob.
    Get to know your Town a little better,Youngs is in Church street,across from Conlons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Get to know your Town a little better,Youngs is in Church street,across from Conlons ;)

Get that man the Pedant hat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Oh noes, im about 15ft off, i better move to Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

During the school term during lunch hour, Youngs do a 3-in-1 (chips, fried rice and sauce) special for €3.50 with a drink. Me and my hubbie unashamedly stand in the queue with all the schoolkids for it on a Friday:). The woman serving says it's not just for students.:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ann22 wrote: »
    During the school term during lunch hour, Youngs do a 3-in-1 (chips, fried rice and sauce) special for €3.50 with a drink. Me and my hubbie unashamedly stand in the queue with all the schoolkids for it on a Friday:). The woman serving says it's not just for students.:):):)

You can get sliced chicken with that in the China Kitchen for a fiver and it's very nice.

You can get sliced chicken with that in the China Kitchen for a fiver and it's very nice.
    My son gets the nugget supper in the China kitchen for a fiver..good value alright. I prefer the sauce in Youngs and with the drink and all it's not bad. Two of us fed and watered for €7:)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nicest Curry I've had in town was in Riva Brasserie to be honest. Their Thai Green Curry is one of the nicest I've ever had.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

I like youngs too. Problem is I be farting like a b@stard after it.

Even with no booze in my system my farts are mental. No idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eddiebrown

i have been getting takeaway curries from adelphi jade for a few years now and havent been dissapointed until 4 weeks ago. Tried it again last week and it was still poor. The sauce is now much thinner and not much taste. Has anyone had similar experience? Am a bit f*cked off as this was great curry.

It seems to be very hard to get a good hot curry anywhere in town. I used to like Cheungs before the inspection.

It seems to be very hard to get a good hot curry anywhere in town. I used to like Cheungs before the inspection.

We did too, Tayto lover. I see the New Ocean is open again with a new name-The Wok and Roll. Haven't tried it yet, still making the most of Wilton's special deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

I picked up WD Food Chinese Curry Paste from McArdle Meats in the Marshes. Its the SHIZ! Tastes the same as most Chinese Takeaways in Dundalk and I can throw what I like into it to boot!

I picked up WD Food Chinese Curry Paste from McArdle Meats in the Marshes. Its the SHIZ! Tastes the same as most Chinese Takeaways in Dundalk and I can throw what I like into it to boot!

It's hard to get a good hot curry BUT I got one in Zam Zams near the library. I asked for extra hot and boy did I enjoy it.

It's hard to get a good hot curry BUT I got one in Zam Zams near the library. I asked for extra hot and boy did I enjoy it.

I got a XO Beef from the Wok and Roll I thought my face was falling off! I usually stick with a Breast of Chicken Supper from the China Kitchen I have convinced myself its the healthy option on the menu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Nesta99 wrote: »
    For curry it has to be the Chinese accross from the Windsor (Lams)! Pricey but class..

Went back to them last week for a change.

Ordered chicken curry with no onions.

Went in to pick it up - 13 quid for the curry. About a fiver more than the likes of China Kitchen/Adelphi etc for a similar portion.

Got home - Onions in it.

Fúck. That. Shít.

I hate that

I got a XO Beef from the Wok and Roll I thought my face was falling off! I usually stick with a Breast of Chicken Supper from the China Kitchen I have convinced myself its the healthy option on the menu!

What is XO beef please?

What is XO beef please?

I would describe it as Beef Chop Suey but injected with Max Strength Chili and Satans Spit. I would rate it as hot as a Vindaloo!

I would describe it as Beef Chop Suey but injected with Max Strength Chili and Satans Spit. I would rate it as hot as a Vindaloo!

Cheers. I'm getting that next time. Love very hot and spicy food.

Have you had other curries from there? I love their kebabs but was warned off their curries before.

Have you had other curries from there? I love their kebabs but was warned off their curries before.

No. I just asked for a very hot curry and got one. Nice too.
    Must try their kebabs.

Has anyone tried the new Chinese 'The Kitchen' in Hill St yet, where Charlie's was? I just spotted it the other day.

My favourite curry ever used to be after a night out on the rip then on to the Sing Li wagon for a curry chip and sausage. Often found bits of it stuck to my toilet the next day!

Advertisement