Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday will be dry....mmmmm!

• 09-07-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭

Like half the country listened to forecast at wkd, mowed for baled Silage yday...started baling early today but rain stopped all around noon....oh to have an accurate weather forecast:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Like half the country listened to forecast at wkd, mowed for baled Silage yday...started baling early today but rain stopped all around noon....oh to have an accurate weather forecast:(
    No rain yet today but not far away.
    Neighbour has just started mowing his silage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

rained here all day:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Cut 10 acres yesterday on the basis of the reasonably dry days promised for Mon & Tues. Never stopped raining all day. The way the forecasts are going, Wednesay will be scorching:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

stayed dry in west cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Rain in Castlebar,drove to Galway this afternoon-not a drop.Drier tomorrow but heavy showers in the afternoon and as is the case with showers its a "hit and miss affair".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

keep going wrote: »
    stayed dry in west cork

thank god for that, had grass down and the father was looking after the bales today as i'm in england for work. Hope he got them in dry:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Cut 10 acres yesterday on the basis of the reasonably dry days promised for Mon & Tues. Never stopped raining all day. The way the forecasts are going, Wednesay will be scorching:D:D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I doubt it maybe next Wednesday will:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why isn't there a(smiley?) face for p1ssed off?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

yeah it was mostly dry until yesterday evening then the misty rain came in from the north west.

I use this website to check the weather. The sattalie function is very good, set it on the 24 hr loop and it'll give you a good idea of how the clouds are moving and it helps to see what might happen over the next day or so. plenty of info and usually fairly accurate

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

No chance of dry weather now until the weekend but given Thursday and Friday it will need it to dry out again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Until there's a forecast of proper dry weather I wouldn't' be chancing anything important yet. I had planned to be shearing today and yesterday going on Saturdays forecast, yeah right, wet sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Ended up finishing baling yday eve in very slight drizzle,as forecast only giving a couple of hours dry for this morning.....and of course its being sunny here ALL day so far apart from 2 showers.....ah well at least the fields are white and not brown...land stood up well to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

the thunder here was unreal, still goin on , hailstones also and some sun in between:D

OP which Monday exactly will be dry?:confused: Like you, mowed down last saturday, finished picking it up yesterday, just brutal.....still have 10 acres to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Trouble is the word 'scattered'! I've land 2 miles from home where the sun is out with everything lovely and when I'd get to the outer farm to do something the rain would pound you into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭flat out !!

Looks like rain Ted. *monsoon like conditions* even shower of hailstones earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

blue5000 wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I doubt it maybe next Wednesday will:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why isn't there a(smiley?) face for p1ssed off?

Hey Blue5000, whilst it was not exactly scorching here today, apart from 2 showers it was fine. :D

For a few quid, I will give you a detailed forecast for your area:p:p

Baled on Tuesday evening - only 1 field left (might aim for the weekend)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Silage done; Most of it Cut and baled today; had to be done.. soft fields wrecked...
    But it's bagged and baled dry. Going to spend tomorrow putting in the last few and closing up holes in the ground.

Maybe we are more used to the wet weather in west clare than most, but this is still a bad year. Even at that, I got lucky this year; I think we missed out on the most of the bad rain, it's been dry for the most of a week, just no heat. This is no pooled water on the ground.. tomorrow is another day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

@ flat out!!

Any relation to Flatout 11?:)

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Hey Blue5000, whilst it was not exactly scorching here today, apart from 2 showers it was fine. :D

For a few quid, I will give you a detailed forecast for your area:p:p

Baled on Tuesday evening - only 1 field left (might aim for the weekend)

Thanks Mac but I've had enough weather forecast for now:D. I don't think we've had two dry days in a row since the beginning of June. No cattle in but I have been tempted lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭flat out !!

Bizzum wrote: »
    @ flat out!!

Any relation to Flatout 11?:)[/QUOTE No relation, at least no relation that i know of anyways. I think i'm the original anyways. Couldn't find any of his/ her posts to find out when they joined.

• Advertisement
Advertisement