Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which do you prefer Sims 2 or 3?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've a bit of a conundrum, I found some of my old Sims games the other day and was "hey, I'd really love to start playing the Sims again!"

My problem is my base Sims 2 discs are missing so I'll have to buy a new one however, I was looking online and am tempted to buy Sims 3.....

So lovely folk of Boards.ie, which do you prefer Sims 2 or 3?

Personally, I'm tempted to wait to see what the reviews of the Sims 3-Supernatural expansion pack are like cause its sounds interesting....

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I prefer Sims3, I like the fact that I can bring my Sims around the town, only problem is that there is too many rabbit holes (places I can't see when the sims are inside)

Make sure your PC meets the specs first for Sims3 as it is quite heavy going on the PC in comparison to Sims2

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Sims 3 for me. Granted there are more expansion packs for The Sims 2 but 3 is catching up quickly. I love the fact that almost everything is customisable and you have town access. I just enjoy playing it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Am I the only one who prefers the original 'The Sims'? I was so put off by The Sims 2 that I didn't bother with the Sims 3. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Am I the only one who prefers the original 'The Sims'? I was so put off by The Sims 2 that I didn't bother with the Sims 3. :o
    I was really put off by the Sims 2 also, but I tried 3 and found it easier to get used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

I much prefer The Sims 3. There's no comparison to me. Only problem with me is that my laptop is old and falls short of the specs required. Gameplay is slower and whenever I download extra content it can mess things up and prevent the game from saving. I need a new laptop!

Just started playing the Sims Free Play on my phone. It's addictive! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 caoimhe93

i personally loved the sims 2, i had every addition to it, like pets, nightlife, seasons etc. then i uninstalled it when i got sims 3, and i played sims 3 around 5 times, i dont know why, i just really dont like it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sims 1 > Sims 3 > Sims 2.

I wasn't really a fan of Sims 2, not really sure why. I guess there was too much expectation from me for it to blow Sims 1 out of the water, but it didn't. It did pretty much exactly as Sims 1 did with better graphics. I went into The Sims 3 without expectations and I got hooked. I guess that's why I got into it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

I preffered The Sims 2 because it was so easy to download mods for it.
    It's probably easy to do it with the sims 3 aswell, I just haven't really learned how yet... :o

Advertisement