Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Chilli

Options
  • 09-07-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've just received a "grow your own Ghost Chilli" from Think Geek

I was hoping for some advice as I live in an apartment and I've read that the Chilli will need lots of sunlight to grow.

Can I grow a chilli plant indoors? What should I buy and where?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I got one of those kits last year in Florida and started growing it last June.

HERE'S a link to my post.

I have three plants growing from that one kit and I am growing two of them indoors. The third is out the front of the house and is having a bit of trouble because the temperature is a little bit too low.

All you need is plenty of sunlight and it'll grow like a weed. You'll need to take it out of the can at some stage though and put it in a bigger plant pot with fertiliser/soil.
    If you want, you can give it various plant feeds.

THIS thread should give you plenty of advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

I live in the city centre and my living room and kitchen windows overlook Mt. Joy Square Park. On those rare days we do have some sunshine my apartment can enjoy 8+hours of sun... will thisbe enough or should I look to get some indoor grow lights too?

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    I live in the city centre and my living room and kitchen windows overlook Mt. Joy Square Park. On those rare days we do have some sunshine my apartment can enjoy 8+hours of sun... will thisbe enough or should I look to get some indoor grow lights too?

Yeah that should be enough.
    If you want, you can put a CFL bulb in a standard desk lamp and shine it on the plant for a few hours each day as well and this will act as a nice cheap grow light.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Have you tried one of yours yet?

Unfortunately I've only got one decent sized chilli off the main plant so far and it wasn't too hot. However, it appeared in January so the plant wouldn't have been as effective then.
    Since then, I keep getting loads of tiny chillies off the big plant and they are quite potent. I think I've been giving the plant the wrong sort of food which encourages leaf growth rather than fruit growth.
    Since today, I've changed that to Chilli Focus.

The baby chillies are hot and I've got a couple of people to try the baby ones and they have suffered quite a bit! :pac:

As for myself, I have developed quite a high tolerance to chillies over the years but I reckon the plants need to mature a bit more before they start yielding the nuclear strength fruit!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement