Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help urgently

Options
  • 09-07-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

My university is building a race car and we've made a high speed video of an impact attenuator, but the car has to leave for Silverstone by 3am tonight. I need to slow the video down to around half/a third of the speed and add a millisecond timer, is this possible and how can I do it?

Basically, I need this somewhere on the video:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

ohh
    probably too late for you

was it something like this???

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/sceolaing/?action=view&current=WaterfordTallShips.mp4

this is pretty easy to do, if you have access to Adobe Premiere you can use the Video effects under time code filter on a blank sequence then lay it on a video track of whatever footage you wish to use it on. To slow down a track right click the clip and choose Speed/Duration, thats nearly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Fionn wrote: »
    ohh
    probably too late for you

was it something like this???

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/sceolaing/?action=view&current=WaterfordTallShips.mp4

this is pretty easy to do, if you have access to Adobe Premiere you can use the Video effects under time code filter on a blank sequence then lay it on a video track of whatever footage you wish to use it on. To slow down a track right click the clip and choose Speed/Duration, thats nearly it.

We've managed to get an extension and have today to rerun a high speed test. What you suggested is exactly what I need, but can we get one that was recorded at 300 fps and plays back at 30fps? A higher recording would be better also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hi,
    yeah, if you've followed what i said in the last post, you could take the full footage at whatever speed it was shot at, render it off with the time code on it then re-import the resultant .mpg file and speed up or slow down whatever parts of it you'd want, by breaking it down into individual clips and applying the time /duration to each clip to reflect the speed you want.
    hope this helps
    :)

Advertisement