Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple-team managers in S16

Options
  • 09-07-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering what people are thinking in relation to the new rules for multiple teams?

I'd advise you not to mention the names of your teams, we've had issues with that before, but hypothetically speaking, if you have other teams, are you going to give them up, pay the cash or chance your arm?

I don't have a second team at the moment, but I have in the past and at the time I would have been pretty tempted to pay a fee for them. Half of a full subscription? Probably not, but certainly a low amount. Once the 2nd team got into Div III and were more likely to interact with my main team, I let them go inactive, but before that they were the lil plucky lads who could :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I don't think I would now even though "legit". Didn't before, don't think I would now as I don't have time. if I ever got to a point where my current team was #1 in the world I might think about it...:p

So really changes nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I just registered a 2nd team today. Tbh my main reason for doing so is that I liked contibuting to the game through paying for premium but won 'premium for life' in the christmas raffle last year.

I've also been tempted to set up a 2nd team for a while to see how fast I can grow it without making the (numerous) mistakes I made with Grubber in the beginning.

I've sent an email to br so have no problem saying the name. Went for Canada as I wanted an English speaking country that played games late and decided Canada over the US.

Meet Edmonton Eggchasers

Scored by getting the top team in a league going into the play-offs, so should get nice prize money!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    I just registered a 2nd team today. Tbh my main reason for doing so is that I liked contibuting to the game through paying for premium but won 'premium for life' in the christmas raffle last year.

I've also been tempted to set up a 2nd team for a while to see how fast I can grow it without making the (numerous) mistakes I made with Grubber in the beginning.

I've sent an email to br so have no problem saying the name. Went for Canada as I wanted an English speaking country that played games late and decided Canada over the US.

Meet Edmonton Eggchasers

Scored by getting the top team in a league going into the play-offs, so should get nice prize money!

Edmonton Eggchasers? Niiiiiice.

Oh, wow, what a bonus start! It's somewhat scary the amount of damage you can do in Div 4 when you know what you're doing. Hell, I think most of us round here destroyed Div 4 while learning, so an experienced head on ya will certainly give those canucks a run for their money! :D

(I assume canucks isn't racist. Just checked it, tis grand, apparently it's only derogatory when used in the US.)

Ahh sure there is an ice hockey team over there that's called the Canucks so surely can't be that bad.

Ahh sure there is an ice hockey team over there that's called the Canucks so surely can't be that bad.

You're 100% right! Sometimes I have moments of doubt and wonder should I be moderating myself :D

*Waits for the Canada mod to storm in and demand a duel!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm 95% sure i'm setting up an affiliate team. I wont be doing it until S16 R1D1. I want to start right from the start of a season....see how i get on like that...no sneaky/bonus prizemoney the back end of this season/extra sponsor for me.

when i initially started, i was a bit of a 1 clicker...I had started mid way through a season. I only really got started playing properly into the next season (s7 i think it was)....so i had already gotten a few weeks match revenue, some prize money (i won the league but lost a promo playoff) and an extra sponsor. that all made it a lot easier starting off.

I wonder how the markets have changed in terms of buying Div 4 players etc.

One of the lads in my league has just informed me that the current thorn in my side is moving because it's actually a 2nd team! Now it all makes sense, the team wasn't all over the place because the manager didn't have a clue, it was because it was a feckin' 2nd team! I'm now fully prepared to be destroyed in this playoff.

You can still take him Few!

I belieeeeeeve! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I wonder how the markets have changed in terms of buying Div 4 players etc.

One of the lads in my league has just informed me that the current thorn in my side is moving because it's actually a 2nd team! Now it all makes sense, the team wasn't all over the place because the manager didn't have a clue, it was because it was a feckin' 2nd team! I'm now fully prepared to be destroyed in this playoff.

You can take him Fewi

You can still take him Few!

I belieeeeeeve! :pac:

Spent hours at it last night, but I get the feeling it's going to be like the time you were away and it seemed like the team did better without your tweaking. I had soooo many "eureka!" moments in terms of my team, only to scrap everything and go back to the drawing board.

I realised he beat me by putting his superstars marking by best players, so then I was genius and said "I'll play them out of position!" and then realised that not only was I weakening my normal team, I was also probably leaving massive mistmatches in key areas of the park, all to his advantage. Actually got to bed at 4am... just hope I remembered to press "save line-up".

• Advertisement

Spent hours at it last night, but I get the feeling it's going to be like the time you were away and it seemed like the team did better without your tweaking. I had soooo many "eureka!" moments in terms of my team, only to scrap everything and go back to the drawing board.

I realised he beat me by putting his superstars marking by best players, so then I was genius and said "I'll play them out of position!" and then realised that not only was I weakening my normal team, I was also probably leaving massive mistmatches in key areas of the park, all to his advantage. Actually got to bed at 4am... just hope I remembered to press "save line-up".

Knew it would wreck your head for another couple of hours after talking to you last night! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm only half a season in, so no chance of me looking to develop a second team, but if I get to a stage where my team becomes stagnant I'd consider a second team. I already have tonnes of regrets and made loads of mistakes, so would be fun to start again once experienced!! :p

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'm only half a season in, so no chance of me looking to develop a second team, but if I get to a stage where my team becomes stagnant I'd consider a second team. I already have tonnes of regrets and made loads of mistakes, so would be fun to start again once experienced!! :p

I think that's the way with most managers. Just wait until you get emotionally attached to your mistakes! I'm only now selling a player who, while being pretty decent, never really found a home in the style I play, but I never sold him because he was one of my very first YA pulls! God Speed "Shamalamabingbong" may you enjoy playing in the Polish Div II.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

I'm thinking about a second club but have no idea how to go about it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just set one up in Germany, The Michael Uhrmann Wonder Team. Gonna try a greyhound on it and play the transfer market and not have any trainers. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

just set up Alling Allstars in Deutschland

gonna try and just train lads up -although I bought 3 to boost to the fairly crap starting team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Got a message yesterday to say me having two teams can no longer be tolerated. For those that don't know i was one of those feckers that started with two teams 3 years but got away with it. Anyway, i was given a choice and i've had to abandon Madness (suspended me). So sad.:(

Thought you were allowed affiliates now? were you supposed to do something to make it legit and you forgot to do it?

eoferrall wrote: »
    Thought you were allowed affiliates now? were you supposed to do something to make it legit and you forgot to do it?

I would assume Corny never purchased a ticket to move country and that both his teams being in Ireland was the problem.

corny wrote: »
    Got a message yesterday to say me having two teams can no longer be tolerated. For those that don't know i was one of those feckers that started with two teams 3 years but got away with it. Anyway, i was given a choice and i've had to abandon Madness (suspended me). So sad.:(

So they actually ARE clamping down. Eep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Were you training anyone with madness?

So they actually ARE clamping down. Eep.

They had to really. Never cheated (transfer market etc) so they left me alone but when this was announced i knew the writing was on the wall. Can't have people getting for free what others are paying for.
    ajeffares wrote: »
    Were you training anyone with madness?

A Polish and Welsh U20 currently but i have 2 former Irish U20's. Tbh i started a second club so i could see what it was like to train players for the U20s. I really don't train players to that standard with Forza Juve.

Ah right, fair enough. I was thinking about giving up on training the internationals for a while. I feel your club does much better when not being distracted by training players.

Ah right, fair enough. I was thinking about giving up on training the internationals for a while. I feel your club does much better when not being distracted by training players.

+1

corny wrote: »
    +1

I'm not so sure, there is a tipping point I feel that it certainly benefits the team for u20's. Training a player to international standard is rarely of a teams benefit.

Re the u20's once your team is on average around the 100k mark per player then training for the u20's makes no odds to your team as you have to train players to above 100k anyway to be of use to your team. whether they make the u20's is a bonus though!

But while a player is in training he is constantly on low energy and you are forced to play him for igt every match even if he is on bad form or is not the best player for the position yet. Thats the practical side there is also the financial investment to training a player full time (although it may be worthwhile if you sell him while he has the flag)

That said it is nice to support the national team and the flags are pretty :D

i don't find my players low on energy, but then I don't play them in key matches until nearly first team ready - nor do I play monday friendlies as I don't have the time really.

I train intensively at lvl 5, will train as the manager desires, but picking match day squads is my business. If he loses out on u20 by couple k CSR so be it...if team is floundering in a lower division gets less IGT (well that's how I look at it!)

Fair enough, it is a game after all. I have one of the stars of the S18 u20s so I play him in every match and in monday friendlies and he tends to be absolutely wrecked. Once you take them off the training they are great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Both points are valid, I think training a youngster upto U20 standard gives a great sense of acheivement, I tend to play trainees in as many games as possible, when playing WNIM it doesn't greatly affect their energy and one or two players on 60-70% energy wont affect the team all that much anyway.

On the other hand, I do take them out when playing a crunch match at LTNT to try prevent against injuries and such.

I might have to take a different approach now tho, being in Div II, all matches are vital for survival

• Advertisement

Davyboy. wrote: »
    Both points are valid, I think training a youngster upto U20 standard gives a great sense of acheivement, I tend to play trainees in as many games as possible, when playing WNIM it doesn't greatly affect their energy and one or two players on 60-70% energy wont affect the team all that much anyway.

On the other hand, I do take them out when playing a crunch match at LTNT to try prevent against injuries and such.

I might have to take a different approach now tho, being in Div II, all matches are vital for survival

This is true - going to be a lot more selective. also have to really find out who is best were as mix and match players a bit last season.

Also last season the only time I hit the ltnt was for the final as sure why not! So energy was not overly a problem last season, this season the trainees will be wheeled out for matches I am rolling over (they'll also gain most from these as the quality of opposition will be much greater!

Advertisement