Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get a static ip adress

Options
  • 09-07-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi friends advice needed and appreciated i have a Apollo CCTV dvr system and i want to be able to view my cctv from outside the building i have my broadband with upc and when i called then they said i would need to get a tecnician out to open the ports and so on which would cost me 200e and my bill would go from 25e per month to 60e per month with i think is ridiculous
    so what i am asking is can any one help my to get a static ip address so i can view my cctv on my laptop once outside of the building i have the cisco EPC2425 ROUTER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mickquinn05

Well they are wrong, Eircom charge 50 for a set up they do that from their side, opening ports and so on is up to your self. Unless UPC have a differant set up in regards to television also coming through the broadband.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055671340 bit of reading there regarding their setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Big Fella 1922

thanks for the advice

i forgot to mention i do have tv with the broadband

I would nearly go down the Managed DNS road, works out to $20 a year and it basically gives you a staic ip and you pick an address eg mycctv.gotdns.com
    You will however still need access to the router to open a port to point it to the cctv so when you type the above address into a web browser it will go directly to the cctv. Must Be someone with UPC that has done this

• Advertisement

yes i have looked into that already and its looks like the right solution would i need another router for this to work or is it pretty straight forward

Advertisement