Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow eircom broadband

Options
  • 09-07-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi!

Over the past number of weeks I have been getting very slow broadband - it has been noticeably slower for me.

I checked the speed at different times over the weekend and have been getting speeds in the region of:

2054104317.png

This speed test was done while connected to the router but I am getting similar speeds over wireless. There is only one device connected at any time - I was wondering why is this happening?

maccy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

your wireless connection has nothing to do with your connection speed over the phoneline.

wifi only covers the connection from your laptop to the router... not the speed from the router to the exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

maccy wrote: »
    Hi!

Over the past number of weeks I have been getting very slow broadband - it has been noticeably slower for me.

I checked the speed at different times over the weekend and have been getting speeds in the region of:

2054104317.png

This speed test was done while connected to the router but I am getting similar speeds over wireless. There is only one device connected at any time - I was wondering why is this happening?

maccy

Hi maccy,

Thank you for your post.

Can you PM your phone number so I can check your broadband connection.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement