Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is BOI not rescheduling personal loans?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Why is BOI not rescheduling personal loans?

I have a personal loan with BOI and recently asked the Bank to reschedule my loan to reduce my monthly repayment. BOI turned down my request but allowed me to pay some of my monthly repayment for the next 3 months with the remaining going into arrears. I have been banking with the BOI for over eleven years without one single default in repayment of loans and I find it difficult to understand why the bank will prefer to put me in a situation that will negatively affect my credit rating at a time when I am in financial difficulty. The same amount I am paying now is what I will pay if the loan was rescheduled. I am really not happy with the way I am being treated and now my credit rating has gone to the black books.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Maned,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

All loan applications, including restructures, are dealt with on a case by case basis.
    If you would like us to look into this further for you, please pm us your name, branch and a contact phone number, we will arrange for a representative from the relevant department to give you a call.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement