Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a game

Options
  • 09-07-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi everyone i just recently moved to arklow and i dont really know many people here im looking to try and get into a game of football maybe a once a week thing like 5-a-side . im 32 years old and just looking for a good way to keep fit. can anyone help me out
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Hi ya
    Would be interested in playing too if that suits am 38 & unfit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davykaner

yeah that would be great im very unfit myself haha.I was thinking of joining a team but couldnt commit to two nights of training and giving up weekends for matches. so a once a week thing would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'm not sure if there is any actual teams/leagues for over schoolboy-age, casual footballers?

There is a few places where you can rent a pitch for an hour if you have enough people to play with. I used to play with lads on the astro-turf pitch at the Arklow Rocks GAA club a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Lots of tag rugby events around Wicklow during the summer.

Check with your nearest rugby club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lads I know it a bit of a trip but if a Game of 5 a side in Bray on a monday evening at 7 suits let me know and I'll PM my number

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

davykaner wrote: »
    hi everyone i just recently moved to arklow and i dont really know many people here im looking to try and get into a game of football maybe a once a week thing like 5-a-side . im 32 years old and just looking for a good way to keep fit. can anyone help me out

Hi Davy
    Click here http://www.wdfl.league.ie/clubs.php to get contact details of your local clubs. I was heavily involved in a club in Bray (manager) for years and there's always lads who can't commit to training etc. Might also be a good way of finding out about 5 a side - Arklow Town have a new astro pitch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

davykaner wrote: »
    yeah that would be great im very unfit myself haha.I was thinking of joining a team but couldnt commit to two nights of training and giving up weekends for matches. so a once a week thing would be perfect

Hi Davy
    Thinking of sticking a note up in tesco of something to see if we could get a few recruits if you're interested,

Advertisement