Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US 3DO vs Jp 3DO vs Euro 3DO

• 09-07-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭

So which one would be the best to get and also FZ-1 or FZ-10?
    Prob go for the FZ-1 as it looks a lot nicer but is the top loader one more reliable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Avoid the PAL versions if you can. What you want is a US or Jap FZ1 with a stepdown adapter thingamajig. Or if you want to have the absolute best 3DO that you can get then get the US/JAP version of the FZ1 and install a UK PAL PSU in it, pure heaven :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a FZ-1, they rock and can withstand nuclear detonation.... just sayin is all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    US 3DO vs Jp 3DO vs Euro 3DO
    So which one would be the best to get?

stupid question, the answer is all of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

stupid question, the answer is all of them.

The Steve SI answer is two of each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Steve SI answer is two of each.

Two 3DO's can be combined to create the ultimate FZ1 beast :)

If you guys actually knew the number of 3DO's I do have right now I'm pretty sure you'd organise an intervention or just have me shipped off to a padded room :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steve SI wrote: »
    Two 3DO's can be combined to create the ultimate FZ1 beast :)

If you guys actually knew the number of 3DO's I do have right now I'm pretty sure you'd organise an intervention or just have me shipped off to a padded room :o

well if you've got too many, I can help you find a good home for one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

well if you've got too many, I can help you find a good home for one ;)

Plus one!

Ah I knew didn't want a euro one, just wasn't too sure whether there was any benefit over either a jp or us fz1.
    Pricey enough it is on the eBay but the jp ones seem to be cheaper.

Road Rash will defintely be one of my first software gets and
    maybe Plumbers Don't Wear Ties will be second :p
    any other must get games? Is Street Fighter any hop on it?

Thanks for the replies guys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SSF2T was the definitive home version and only home version of the game for the longest time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Surely the US/JP version with EU transformer and RGB conversion is the ultimate 3D0 :)

Advertisement