Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking in wilton sc

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

hi, i'm going to wilton sc tomorrow. bit of shopping and a visit to a relation in the cuh. just wondering if there's a limit on parking there? clamping etc..
    wont be camped there for the day or anything. 2 to 3 hrs max

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

3 hours is the max I think, they are fairly strict with it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Watch for one of the attendants, chappy on the Sarsfield Road side, not a nice chap, wears glasses and hi-viz jacket, about 60, best avoided, go to the Wilton Bar side, never see him there

digzy wrote: »
    hi, i'm going to wilton sc tomorrow. bit of shopping and a visit to a relation in the cuh...............

I'd park up, visit the relative, come back and move the car than do the shopping. In the unlikely event of being clamped you'll have just bought shopping and the receipts to go with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

RoverJames wrote: »
    move the car

The number plate is time sensitive, it'll be picked up in the patrol area.

.... the number plate is time sensitive... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Number plate logged by warden at a point in time.
    Next check done a few hours later and if same number plate logged it will trigger an alert...regardless of where it is parked.

This happened to me in Douglas Court. Went there in the morning. Went back later in the afternoon and parked on other side of car park coz I forgot something and there was a note on windscreen when I got back saying I had been parked there too long and would be clamped if not moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Everyone I know parks in Wilton SC when they are visiting CUH. I'd say a good portion of cars parked there are in the same boat:D

Ludo wrote: »
    Number plate logged by warden at a point in time.
    Next check done a few hours later and if same number plate logged it will trigger an alert...regardless of where it is parked..........

That's fair enough but they don't know if you've left the complex or not and unless they do know you haven't they won't clamp you unless you've been 3 hours + in the same spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

There is a certain few words which would describe the nice people who's job it is to monitor that particular car park.

Just recently I know of a time that one of the traders in the actual centre had her own car clamped. Now consider the thousands that traders such as this lady pay in rent every year to the centre.
    I believe she actually left the car there and after a while management saw sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

kub wrote: »
    I believe she actually left the car there and after a while management saw sense.

Was that the one on the Prenderville show? If so, I did not catch that she had been a trader [tenant?]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Park on the Tesco side and walk through the shopping centre rather than parking directly across from the CUH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

gbee wrote: »
    Was that the one on the Prenderville show? If so, I did not catch that she had been a trader [tenant?]

I do not know if this lady was on with Mr Prenderville, it was a fellow trader in the centre was telling me about the incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

gbee wrote: »
    The number plate is time sensitive, it'll be picked up in the patrol area.
    :rolleyes:
    you made me laugh -probably the worst comment ive ever read on boards:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Ive left my car there for 4 or 5 hours at a time on numerous occasions never had anything happen.
    There is an old man around the place but hed never cop how long its there unless you left it over night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Ive left my car there for 4 or 5 hours at a time on numerous occasions never had anything happen.
    There is an old man around the place but hed never cop how long its there unless you left it over night

that's not true. as someone who used to work in the centre he was well known for being strict to the point of stubborness about clamping. I had work colleagues clamped as well as seeing many verbal sparring sessions involving customers and the man in question.

they do have devices that log number plates by the way. so that comment is hardly stupid.

all i'll say is that you're a lucky man so far Lemmy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

What's it like on a Sunday lads, have to go there tomorrow.

Is the Tesco car park separate to the S.C. car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

danjo-xx wrote: »

No, it's all the same car park. But obviously you can park closer to Tesco or whatever.

It's busy enough on the weekends but you should be able to find a place. Expect a bit of a traffic queue coming in and out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Vivara wrote: »
    danjo-xx wrote: »

No, it's all the same car park. But obviously you can park closer to Tesco or whatever.

It's busy enough on the weekends but you should be able to find a place. Expect a bit of a traffic queue coming in and out though.
    I think they're managed separately. Had someone hit and run there once while we were parked and we had to deal exclusively with a company contracted to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

A family member was taken to hospital recently and we couldn't get parking by CUH. It was parked in Wilton SC and when OH returned mud guards were stolen - had to be taken off with screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Arrived down yesterday with no help from signage on the South Ring Road, which was either confusing e.g. 'Westbound & Tralee' on Straight, or missing, eg Sarsfield Roundabout, not even a card board sign while their doing the roadworks.

As my first time driving down there I went straight to hospital carpark, and there were buckets of spaces.

My friend was visiting the hospital so I went to the S.C. and there were plenty of spaces generally but especially up along the Sarsfield Road side and across to the left towards the hospital.

I rambled around for over an hour, 2.30pm+ and never saw any car park attendant whatsoever.

Just went over the 2hrs parking in the hospital and cost me €8
    now that is a bit of a rip off and on a Sunday too.:mad:

Whats the fine if you get caught in the S.C. for parking and are they actually clamping cars there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

They definetly clamp cars in wilton, i was there friday and saw a polo clamped, it was over at the side of the centre, nearest the hospital,
    They would just have a release fee to unlock the clamp i would say its expensive, im not sure what company actually does the clamping though,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

They definitely clamp in Wilton SC. I am there a few times a week. The Security company staff have been low-key during the summer, but they're back now - ready for the rush in 2 weeks (schools etc).

I saw 3 cars clamped there yesterday.

I know that €2.70 per hour is outrageous for parking in the hospital, but that's not the fault of the SC. People parking in the SC and going off to the hospital for a few hours are taking a fair gamble - the clampers in the SC don't do sob stories - I've seen very annoyed people try to argue it out with the clampers.

One theory is that if you come back to your car, and see it clamped, you should walk right past it and back to Tesco etc and spend a few quid. Arrive back to the car with several bags of shopping and feign innocence. Tell them you had coffee with a friend, went shopping, had lunch and then did the grocery shopping before going to the Library for an hour. You just might get away with it, but I wouldn't bank on it.

The western side of the SC (closest to the hospital) is patrolled most often, as is the front of Tesco; so parking as far away from the hospital as possible is your best bet i.e. the furthest end of the car park on the Tesco side, down near the ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

bladebrew wrote: »
    They definetly clamp cars in wilton, i was there friday and saw a polo clamped, it was over at the side of the centre, nearest the hospital,
    They would just have a release fee to unlock the clamp i would say its expensive, im not sure what company actually does the clamping though,
    blindsider wrote: »
    They definitely clamp in Wilton SC. I am there a few times a week. The Security company staff have been low-key during the summer, but they're back now - ready for the rush in 2 weeks (schools etc).

I saw 3 cars clamped there yesterday.

I know that €2.70 per hour is outrageous for parking in the hospital, but that's not the fault of the SC. People parking in the SC and going off to the hospital for a few hours are taking a fair gamble - the clampers in the SC don't do sob stories - I've seen very annoyed people try to argue it out with the clampers.

One theory is that if you come back to your car, and see it clamped, you should walk right past it and back to Tesco etc and spend a few quid. Arrive back to the car with several bags of shopping and feign innocence. Tell them you had coffee with a friend, went shopping, had lunch and then did the grocery shopping before going to the Library for an hour. You just might get away with it, but I wouldn't bank on it.

The western side of the SC (closest to the hospital) is patrolled most often, as is the front of Tesco; so parking as far away from the hospital as possible is your best bet i.e. the furthest end of the car park on the Tesco side, down near the ESB.

I saw one clamped during the week also at Wilton when I was heading into tesco. Don't know how long it was there for as it was clamped when I went in shopping just after 8pm :confused:

Advertisement