Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Spurs

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Lads, my brother (who is a big Spurs fan too) runs an Irish bar in Manhattan, New York called O'Casey's Irish Bar and Restaurant. The bar has today been confirmed as the new home of the New York Spurs supporters club. Both my brother and the club are delighted. Therefore, we now officially have a strong connection with the NY Spurs supporters club :D, so anyone travelling to NY, or any of you who know anyone in New York, please feel free to call in, whether a game is on or not and say hello, just say I sent you ;)

My fellow mod, Mullo, called in to O'Casey's in NY earlier this year and met my brother so he can vouch for them, and can no doubt confirm that it's a great spot for a game and also does lovely food. I have already sent him my spurs dvd's and cd's to have on prior to games to build the atmosphere :D

So by all means, spread the word about O'Casey's being the new home of Spurs in New York. See links below, or shout if you have any questions. Cheers lads...

http://www.nyspurs.com/index.htm
    http://www.nyspurs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5319&get=last#93080
    http://www.ocaseysnyc.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Awesome new place to hang out when I'm on hols :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

It's a shame, I was staying just three blocks from that pub when I was there a few months ago! Had to miss the match that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That's class mate, I know the NY Spurs club had some bother in their previous haunt so it's good they've found a new home and even better that will be welcoming to some of us lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

That's class mate, I know the NY Spurs club had some bother in their previous haunt so it's good they've found a new home and even better that will be welcoming to some of us lot!

Great to hear from you Ro, it's been a while. Yes they had a few issues with Floyds and then moved to Perdition for a while, which they will keep a link with for some midweek games but O'Casey's is the new place to be :D and everyone will be given a warm welcome. If anyone is going over, let me know and I'll give the main man the heads up.

RoboClam wrote: »
    It's a shame, I was staying just three blocks from that pub when I was there a few months ago! Had to miss the match that week.

Pity, keep it in mind for the next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »
    My fellow mod, Mullo, called in to O'Casey's in NY earlier this year and met my brother so he can vouch for them,

Indeed, nice pub, decent grub and a proper pint which can be rare enough in NY. couldnt speak highly enough. Hatchs bro is a gent and looked after us very well. Good set up for games with a huge protector screen upstairs. Well worth a visit if in NY but especially if Spurs are playing with this news.Great stuff.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Good stuff, my brother couldn't make LA but is going to the next 2 games, will post up pics if he gets any.

My bro is at the training session, the swine :D

photo.JPG?auth=co&loc=en_GB&id=105080&part=2

My bro was on the beer with Tony Parkes last night, said he's a headcase.

photo.JPG?auth=co&loc=en_GB&id=105120&part=2

• Advertisement

BUMP

Lads, free breakfast for anyone who is calling in to O'Caseys for the Man Utd game, free pint too if you mention me :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hope to be in the States for a couple of weeks next year John, I'll definitely plan it around one of our games and pop in.

Hope to be in the States for a couple of weeks next year John, I'll definitely plan it around one of our games and pop in.

Excellent, yes let me know when your going over, so I can tell Karl to expect you, you might get a free steak dinner too :D

Bump for anyone going Xmas shopping in NYC, call in to O'Caseys :D;)

Carlos, QPR game moved to the sat lunchtime, so the lads will be in no doubt.

http://www.firsttouchonline.com/

you can view the online version of the paper via link on the right hand side, O'Caseys have an ad in it COYS

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I'm going to chance my arm here but I don't suppose your brother wants to give a fellow Yiddo a job for 2 months during the summer...I'll do anything ha. Anyway, I'm definitely popping into this place when I'm over, I'll bring the lads too before the Ireland/Spain game!

nbar12 wrote: »
    I'm going to chance my arm here but I don't suppose your brother wants to give a fellow Yiddo a job for 2 months during the summer...I'll do anything ha. Anyway, I'm definitely popping into this place when I'm over, I'll bring the lads too before the Ireland/Spain game!

No harm in asking :D
    I'll mention it to him later.
    Make sure to bring the lads in for a few beers alrite

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No harm in asking :D
    I'll mention it to him later.
    Make sure to bring the lads in for a few beers alrite

I would love you forever if there was a job going ha

He's a welcoming type, seriously he is...keep an eye on 1.54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cw6yorHcKY&sns=em

O'Casey's - The home of NYC Spurs

http://www.nyspurs.com/

is the palace match live on sunday? only here one more week, no better way to check out this bar if it's on!

nbar12 wrote: »
    is the palace match live on sunday? only here one more week, no better way to check out this bar if it's on!
    Yep they will be open for breakfast before the game

BUMP

A group of them travelled over for the Chelsea game, and they got a tour of the ground etc.. got a mention in the match programme too I think.

http://www.nyspurs.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hoping to catch the match there tomorrow am I right in saying its 22nd east41st just off grand central?

Advertisement