Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Activity Park Cavan

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I attended a stag party here during the weekend and to say i was disappointed is a understatement. Firstly they accused only 12 out of the 13 of us had paid which was untrue as one of the lads had counted it before handing the money over. We each paid €70 euro which totalled over €900 so we were expecting a good days craic. We decided to go for the ODD Rage Buggy Rally Experience. This consisted of time trail around a track and also two seater buggies. First the time trial were their were only 3 buggies allowed on the track at each time, over-taking was not allowed, if you got too close another buggy the staff would "kill" your buggy. Apparently going too fast in a time trial was also not acceptable nor was cutting corners.
    The first 3 lads got their 15 laps done and then it all went downhill. The staff began to complain and myself and two other lads only got 4/5 laps before we were told that was enough. This was the same with all the following groups, This from a company whom on there website advertise the Rage buggies as being "tough, fast and tail-happy".
    The twin buggies got no better, it was basically doing handbrakes in a patch of much with a few tyres in the middle.

As you can imagine this experience really angered us and we decided we would leave.
    Can anyone tell me where would be a good place to complain apart from here as there is no review section on their website and I really think people need to know what they are getting themselves in for at this "activity park".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Moved from Gift & Festivities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Trip advisor is one but realistically you wont get much coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ak4 wrote: »
    I attended a stag party here during the weekend and to say i was disappointed is a understatement. Firstly they accused only 12 out of the 13 of us had paid which was untrue as one of the lads had counted it before handing the money over. We each paid €70 euro which totalled over €900 so we were expecting a good days craic. We decided to go for the ODD Rage Buggy Rally Experience. This consisted of time trail around a track and also two seater buggies. First the time trial were their were only 3 buggies allowed on the track at each time, over-taking was not allowed, if you got too close another buggy the staff would "kill" your buggy. Apparently going too fast in a time trial was also not acceptable nor was cutting corners.
    The first 3 lads got their 15 laps done and then it all went downhill. The staff began to complain and myself and two other lads only got 4/5 laps before we were told that was enough. This was the same with all the following groups, This from a company whom on there website advertise the Rage buggies as being "tough, fast and tail-happy".
    The twin buggies got no better, it was basically doing handbrakes in a patch of much with a few tyres in the middle.

As you can imagine this experience really angered us and we decided we would leave.
    Can anyone tell me where would be a good place to complain apart from here as there is no review section on their website and I really think people need to know what they are getting themselves in for at this "activity park".

Go to the SCC, not as advertised so you may get least get your money back.

Advertisement