Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using schools outdoor courts

• 09-07-2012 10:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

While im not exactly a student anymore...30 now(!)..but do schools mind people using their courts after hours, assuming gates are unlocked?

As a kid i used to use the courts in colaiste eanna, ballyboden. Used to be great with chain nets, but im not sure what condition they're in now - if even still accessible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

While im not exactly a student anymore...30 now(!)..but do schools mind people using their courts after hours, assuming gates are unlocked?

As a kid i used to use the courts in colaiste eanna, ballyboden. Used to be great with chain nets, but im not sure what condition they're in now - if even still accessible?

As far as I know if it is a community college or school you have a right. Otherwise you are tresspassing.
    Best thing is to speak to the principal of the school. Showing some respect like that goes along way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I hate seeing all the outdoor courts being wasted when teams could be training in them during the summer instead of paying €50 an hour or whatever to use indoor courts. I understand though why they don't allow you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

killwill wrote: »
    As far as I know if it is a community college or school you have a right. Otherwise you are tresspassing.
    Best thing is to speak to the principal of the school. Showing some respect like that goes along way.
    Don't know if I would go asking the principal since its unlikely they could say yes due to insurance reasons thus wouldnt want to officially condone it.

OP, I would chance it. You're not going to get arrested for it unless you continue to do it should you be told not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

We have used the courts of a well known private Dublin school and there's never been a problem. There are loads of people milling around though between bootcamps, tag rugby and a swimming pool. In fairness to the school authorities nobody ever came near us which we were very grateful for.

Advertisement