Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat eye drops

• 09-07-2012 10:46pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Where can I purchase these? I assume human ones would be of different strength. I don't have to get them from the vet do I?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

What is wrong with the cat that you think she needs eye drops for? If you think they are infected looking she will need to see a vet as she will probably need an oral antibiotic as well as drops containing an antibiotic. Anything containing antibiotics is prescription only.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Closing one eye a bit and some wetness/discharge at the corner. Looks very mild compared to anything I've seen though.
    Was hoping that would clear it up before it became worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If it isnt too severe Maybe try bathing it with Luke warm tea bags for a day or 2 to see if that soothes it (warning, white cats will become yellow!), if not you'll need your vet to prescribe antibiotic ointment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I like it!

We have two kittens, so it could be from them fighting also, just like to keep the area clean. The kitten that got the sore eye is just after a course of antibiotics for cat flu and was better. Hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

if you have Artelac or Vividrin eyedrops, you can use those, they do not contain antibiotics are anything harsh, there basically a natural lubricant much like optrex. I've used them several times over the years on my cat, and they do the trick.

If you notice a yellow or green discharge from the eyes, its straight to a vet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

I swear by the teabags too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Wipe with chamomile tea bag, rest it on the eye if they'll let you!
    Pulsatilla tabs. 6c from chemist or health shop, If the kittens are small use half per day for a week or so.
    If the discharge continues or changes vet straight away.

I have white cats and one has eye issues due to the lack of pigmentation in the eye lid. The above works brilliant for her.

Advertisement