Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox HDMI visual errors?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just hooked my Xbox back up at home after Inferdoc, and the picture keeps having what look like scan line "pops" randomly appearing all over the place. It's really annoying.

I tried jiggling the HDMI cable, removing/reconnecting all the points of contact, changing HDMI channels, blowing on both ends of the cable, and messing around with the Xbox resolution. Nothing fixes it.

Since we have a lot of Xboxes and HDMI cables between us, I was wondering if this happened to anyone elses, and if there's an easy fix?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Any chance it's set to 1080i or 720i instead of 720/1080p?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

HDMI delivers digital signal, so it's more likely (as Doom said) to be a resolution issue than anything with the cable.

Advertisement