Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop the menu from moving?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I am using the new Boards.ie skin.

But the top menu is following me down the page when I scroll. I am loosing a lot of viewing space because of it.

How do I stop that from happening?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

From the very first post here.
    "Sticky" header - the menu and omni-search and breadcrumbs will remain floating over the content as you scroll up and down the page. This can be disabled by going here, scrolling to the bottom of the page, ticking the box beside "Disable sticky header" and clicking Save.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its driving me to despair. I keep disabling it but when I visit again its back on that new skin again with that annoying menu.

It grand if you have a PC but I am on mobile all the time and its a real PITA. I cant understand why they could not have left well enough alone..:(

Are you using the Boards mobile site on your phone or the full site?

Surely it would make more sense to use the mobile one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

KeithM89 wrote: »
    That doesn't work, I unchecked the box in mine and saved and its clear whenever I go back in but the header is still following me around the page.

Its horrible to look at and gives me a headache, no point switching to the old look either because it just changes back the minute I click on a new thread, is there any fix to this please? Its horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Are you using the Boards mobile site on your phone or the full site?

Surely it would make more sense to use the mobile one?

I am using the full site. That mobile site is a most desprate tramp of a thing. It was working fine until they started to mess around with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I am using the full site. That mobile site is a most desprate tramp of a thing. It was working fine until they started to mess around with it.

All in the name of progress. Use the touch site, it's designed for phones.
    Thargor wrote: »
    That doesn't work, I unchecked the box in mine and saved and its clear whenever I go back in but the header is still following me around the page.

Its horrible to look at and gives me a headache, no point switching to the old look either because it just changes back the minute I click on a new thread, is there any fix to this please? Its horrible.

If it's horrible to look at, change style. If the sticky header is bothering you, go to the appearance settings and disable it. If it persists in following you, log out and log back in again - this should clear your local cache of style settings and retrieve the updated options when you log in again. If it doesn't, file a bug report in the appropriate thread. :)

Danny

Advertisement