Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling UPC

• 09-07-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

i got a letter from Upc the other day with an increase of 1.43 euro i think a month and i rang them up and told them that i was not paying this and to take my upc back and that i would go to SKy,

So i was put through to the Loyalty dept and said the above and after argy bargy she gave me an email address to cancel it

So about an hour later i rang them and was put through to loyalty again and i expained the situation about them increasing all the time so she looked at my details and said eventually i can keep it the same but will increase it by 1c extra a month and give you sky Sports an Sky Movies for Two Months but im suppose to ring them up and cancel it if i dont want to keep it

So what i want to know is when should i give them notice that i wont be using after the two months???

Im just wondering now was it 2 months and not 1 nearly sure it was 2 :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

well if it was 2 months it be 2 months from today, when you do contact them you may have some more argy bargy that they will try and charge you the downgrade fee so be prepared to ask for loyalty again

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Give them written notice (email will do) now to "cancel before any charges arise".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

And make sure you don't get caught for the downgrade charge when you cancel!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP Please name your threads with more than just "UPC". Practically every thread in this forum is about UPC in some way shape or form.

Advertisement