Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get rid of back acne??

Options
  • 10-07-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I've had it now since about March, and since then, I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it.. I drink loads of water, I wash daily, tried sudo cream and exfoliating but nothing works!
    I'm thinking about moving to Oz in a few weeks too and dreading the thought of revealing my back out in public.. even when I go out I have to wear jackets over my dresses..
    I had it when I was a teenager an it disappeared for about 5 years but now its back in full force again...
    Can anyone help? :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Id say go see your doctor or even better get yourself to a dermatologist. I spent a few years messing around trying to fix a problem with acne on my chin- only flared up in my late 20s. They both recommeded a 3 month course of antibiotics- which I was reluctant to try, the dermatologist said to find the a cleanser for overly sensitive skin and see how it goes.

I found in the end what did fix it was changing to a really really gentle cleanser and only cleaning my face once a day, it calmed down within 2 months and now rarely breaks out. Im using a trilogy cleanser at the min its doing the trick!

Also stop exfoliating it can really irritate your skin and makes things worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mark5

Hi

I have had back acne years ago was going to my doctor for years he kept giving me prescriptions in chemist and they never worked then i went to see a dermatologist he put me on roaccutane that cleared me up in 3 months you need to take this drug i can swear by it if only i had heard of it sooner i wouldn't have the scars i have today just go to your chemist don't wait for months to see a dermatologist or ask your gp to get you on it
    best of luck i know what your going through

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

If you search over in the personal issues forum or in beauty theres also loads on acne and the various treatments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I would advise going to your doctor, find out all the various options, because there are loads. We can't tell you here what will definitely work. I had back acne as well, and was put on a few types of tablets to try rid it, but the only thing that worked was a contraceptive pill.

Also look into Cetaphil washes and creams if you don't want to go the medication route. They kind of worked for me, but not as well as the pill.

You say you hope to go away in a few weeks, but just bear in mind that any treatment you use will take time to work. It won't be overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I'd suggest going to see a dermatologist they may prescribe you with an oral antibiotic and some Retin A. It's going to take time to clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

I had this for years as a teenager and my back is covered in scars from it:(. The only thing that cleared it up was going on the pill (Dianette). I'm in my late 20s now and I still need to stay on Dianette to keep it clear, if I go off it at all the spots are back within a few months. Definitely go and see your doctor as they should be able to recommend something or refer you to a dermatologist if needed. Also any treatment you are prescribed will take time to work so its probably best you go sooner rather then later to help avoid scarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jem92

thanks for all the advice.. i was in the chemist the other day and ask the pharmacist which cream would help clear it up and she gave me some Quinoderm.. I'm gonna give this a try, and if it doesn't work I'm gonna go to the doctor or dermotologist..
    I also went back on the pill about two months ago thinking it would help clear it up but no luck :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

the pill dianette works well ,also another thing that could work is topic..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Doctors can prescribe things which will get rid of it. If the pill isn't working, they can look at something else. Over the counter stuff just isn't strong enough in most cases. Talk to your doctor.

Advertisement