Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place in dublin to get real chorizo?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

have tried stuff from aldi/lidl/tesco/sq, and they're ok but is there anywhere that sells anything that comes close to the kind of thing you get as tapas in spain?
    looking for the sausage on a string type not the packaged slices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭kazzdee

Fallon & Byrnes, Mortons.... any good quality store with a good deli. I know for sure Fallons would have quality chorizo . It would be in the deli/cheese counter area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Look out for Gubbeen chorizo, it's amazing. You can usually get it in Sheridan's cheesemongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

magills have some great chorizo, especially a spicy one which is out of this world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Lidl do big dried sausages on strings. I haven't managed to find anything like the fresh spicy ones I got in Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

Fallon & Byrne have delicious horizo, which they will let you taste before buying!
    Oh, and pick up a few Toulouse sausages while you're in there - expensive but worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kirw2n

have tried stuff from aldi/lidl/tesco/sq, and they're ok but is there anywhere that sells anything that comes close to the kind of thing you get as tapas in spain?
    looking for the sausage on a string type not the packaged slices

The absolute best chorizo you're gonna get in Dublin can be found at the SuperNatural food market, pearse street! (it's on on Saturdays!) A very nice Italian man runs the stand.

It's an option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Superquinn always has it in, in fact it's on offer at the moment

Advertisement