Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football 13

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Football_13

Any of you picking this up? It's released in America tonight.

As far as I know it can't be played on an Xbox 360 outside America as it's region coded but it can be played on a Playstation 3 as there is no region code (I think!).

I've done a bit of reading about it and it seems to be using the same improvements that will be seen in Madden 13 such as improved QB animations, wide receivers with better awareness, improved play action and defenders not being able to make blind swats so it should play almost identically to what Madden 13 will play like.

I'm not a big player of offline game modes any more and 99% of the time just focus on online game play, so I might pick this up with a view to seeing what the new online dynasty mode is like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Paully D wrote: »
    Any of you picking this up?

Not going to play it, but if you're interested in online mode think the guys at www.maddenpfl.com are starting up an NCAA online league

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was just going to post the same Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

NCAA is unbelievable. Once I get paid I'll be ordering it for the Playstation. Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »
    NCAA is unbelievable. Once I get paid I'll be ordering it for the Playstation. Great game!

Any advice on where to order it from mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

damn it - didn't realise it was out so soon, have to go and get the o2 card topped up so..

absoultely loved the game last year up until I cracked the disk in the PS3 (well gonna blame the auld lad for pulling the plug on the PS3 from the wall not knowing the PS3 was on :( )

just feels a lot better to play than Madden somehow - can't put the word on what exactly it is but it really is a great game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Shame about the region protection on the 360 version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I wonder if playing a cracked version would get around the 360 region lock...

Has anyone picked it up yet or found any good bargains online..

Think I'm going to go with VideoGamesPlus - got the game from them last year as far as I can remember - took about a week to deliver but no hassle what so ever with them.. it's coming to around €62 which is a bit :o P
    Paypal won't accept my o2 money card at all so can't use ebay where I could get it for €53 give or take so it's as good a deal as I can find so...

Will be worth it if I get half the playing time out of it as I did with NCAA 12...

Ordered it the other day myself mate, should have it on Monday hopefully. It cost me around €60 all in if I remember rightly. Got it off Ebay from someone in England so I'd rather pay a bit extra and get it in a few days rather than waiting a week or two for it to come from America.

Are you joining the NCAA online dynasty on Madden PFL?

Paully D wrote: »
    Ordered it the other day myself mate, should have it on Monday hopefully. It cost me around €60 all in if I remember rightly. Got it off Ebay from someone in England so I'd rather pay a bit extra and get it in a few days rather than waiting a week or two for it to come from America.

Are you joining the NCAA online dynasty on Madden PFL?

Will try to get it on ebay if I can at all but paypal keeps rejecting my card - so looks like I'm going to be a while waiting for it but I'll live with it

Haven't play NCAA online ever before but yeah sure - why not.. What way does the league work?? is it like everyone picks a team from the SEC or PAC12 or something - or just everyone picks a random team and it's a custom schedule??

• Advertisement

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Will try to get it on ebay if I can at all but paypal keeps rejecting my card - so looks like I'm going to be a while waiting for it but I'll live with it

Haven't play NCAA online ever before but yeah sure - why not.. What way does the league work?? is it like everyone picks a team from the SEC or PAC12 or something - or just everyone picks a random team and it's a custom schedule??

Yeah basically what's happening is the top 12 rated teams will be used and everyone picks one of them on a first come first served basis. Below is the thread:

http://maddenpfl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1200-confirmed-members-and-team-choices/

The teams that are left are Ohio State and West Virginia, so sign up ASAP :)

The person running the league said it will get going in around 3 weeks as he's getting the YLOD fixed on his PS3 and it will give everyone time to get used to the game, download the proper rosters etc.

After a few hours of trying to get it I finally got an order through on eBay - €55 from America so hopefully will have it sometime in the week after next.

O2 money cards and eBay can feck off - Paypal was refusing to accept my information and so I couldn't pay at all - finally resorted to trying to pay with a guest account and it worked perfectly with no hitches what so ever - several hours wasted trying to find it on several other sites thinking I couldn't use eBay but it's ordered now... waiting game begins

Signed up for the league on MaddenPFL as well - will be playing as Ohio State, looking forward to it :)

I've been playing this the last couple of days and think it's quality.

I'd imagine that a lot of the game play features in this will be the same as in Madden so for those wondering here's a few differences I've noticed that I expect will also be in Madden 13 (I'll paste this into the Madden 13 thread too in case people miss it in this one):

The new play action is brilliant. You're now able to actually use it properly without getting sacked 99% of the time. Also, for example, there's been a few times when I've ran for decent gains on 1 or 2 downs, and when you go to play action in the playbook it will flash on a couple of plays ''setup!!'' to let you know you've set things up nicely to use a PA play as the defense is focused on stopping the run now. Doesn't work all the time which is good but a nice new feature.

I love the new system in which the WR has to actually be looking to catch a pass. It should have been implemented years ago but at least it's in now. Also, I've noticed a few times especially when playing in wet conditions, WR's slipping and blowing a play. Brings a bit more realism to the game. There's some cool new catch animations too such as diving catches (which were virtually impossible to do on Madden 12).

QB play is much improved. The 1/3/5/7 step drop backs are excellent and if you try to run back 20 yards etc like was possible in Madden 12, you're going to get hit for a huge loss. The pocket speed seems to be quite a bit slower now too and pump fakes work better. The use of the left stick is handy as you can effect the trajectory and aim of the ball by throwing to the WR's shoulder, high, low etc.

It's also much harder to tell zone from man this year too, so don't expect to be able to be able to audible a receiver across and be able to tell straight away from that.

One of the best things is there are no more super linebackers swatting balls away out of nowhere and no secondary that can pick balls by seeing them throw the eyes in the back of their heads. Similar to the receivers they have to be looking to break up plays or intercept.

On defense it's much harder to get to the QB. Last year you could basically just bull rush at the line of scrimmage every time and have a lot of success. This year as the pocket is slower it takes a bit more skill.

Motion blur is a bit meh. Doesn't really make too much difference IMO and you have to be really looking for it to notice it. A feature just gone in for the sake of it really.

The audio is quite poor IMO.

Overall a very good game.

Presuming you got this for PS3 Paully ? Did you get it digitally or order it through amazon. Really want this to feed my football fix.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Presuming you got this for PS3 Paully ? Did you get it digitally or order it through amazon. Really want this to feed my football fix.

Yep, got it on PS3 mate. Ordered from a UK seller on Ebay and it came in at around €60. I was desperate to get it quickly so just paid it and had it a few days later. I'd imagine you could probably pick it up for cheaper than that from the US or similar though.

Anyone have any experience of getting around the stupid region locks to get NCAA? Can't believe they don't have it on Games on Demand.

Game landed today :) just getting used to controls now at the minute.... Decent so far but as reviews pointed out its VERY like last year's game but that's not necessarily a bad thing thing in my book...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of getting around the stupid region locks to get NCAA? Can't believe they don't have it on Games on Demand.

You have a ps3 stev? If so just buy it from the web and it will work fine.

You lads might wanna start a franchise if you get enough people playing it.

You have a ps3 stev? If so just buy it from the web and it will work fine.

You lads might wanna start a franchise if you get enough people playing it.

Looking to pick one up for cheap just for this and maybe madden :p sick of the subscription for the xbox.

Where could i order it for a copy of NCAA cheap off the web?

Finally bought this after much hassle, had to contend with the demo until then. Really like how the game plays feels a lot more different to Madden CPU seems to really pressure you on blitz plays. Also love how you can actually catch the CPU with a hard flag, get a flag and do a Rogers and air it out to see if you can grab a big free play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

How did you download the demo??

* Edit, was very easy and already had access to it.

Must say after my hiatus of playing Madden I am absolutely rubbish at this :o Just have to get my mind better suited to playing against zone, seems a lot more aggressive. Don't know if I like the new passing tbh i miss having Body Directional passing rather then Lead passing, really miss being able to throw a low ball on come backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Been playing the demo, not really impressed.

Do like the cpu blitzing, the option pass is far to easy to pick up big chunks of yards.

Crowd noise for all that was made if it, is non existent in the demo but of course may be just demo.

Don't think I would buy this and Madden especially with the improvements announced.

Also does it have the flying linebacker problem too? I got picked off a couple of times by alabama linebacker

Advertisement