Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty phone from Carphone Warehouse

Options
  • 10-07-2012 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Bought a Sony Ericsson X8 a back in April and have being having problems with it since the week I got it.

At first the phone would lock itself (not keypad lock) and I would have to keep entering the pin. As well as this sometimes the phone would not ring or sound off when someone would ring me or send me a text.

Brought it to one of there stores straight away and was told that they won't do anything unless they see the fault. I asked could I return the phone and chose something else. No was the answer.

This was inside the 28 days.

Problem persisted and one day while out shopping the phone randomly locked itself again so I brought it into a different store as I was only two minutes away, again same ****e, we have to see the fault. Bare in mind I had not touched a thing on the phone since it locked itself and I know when this happens as my text alert goes off. However they didn't care, ''they had to see the fault happen''.

This was two days out side of the 28 day limit.

Anyway they took the phone in for ''repair''. Got it back about two/three weeks later. They said there was a fault with it but it was now fixed.

Yeah right !

Now here I am a few weeks later and back to square one !

What can I do, I am sick and tired of all this now and want it changed for something different, not the same model.

Where do I stand ?

I read in another thread that apparently Carephone Warehouse have the own consumer laws.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As long as the repair is permenant, then cpw have done their bit, if the fault comes back you could write to them asking for a refund. If you dont get it, you would have to resort to the scc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

But the phone is still faulty. If anything it's got worse since I got it back from them. What's would be the best way to go about the scc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

as wmpdd3 said the repair has to be permanent. If the same fault occurs again then you have grounds to ask for an exchange PROVIDED they can see the fault in store.

I know this can be frustrating as sometimes a fault can be intermittent. Why dont you leave your phone with them for a while ( hour or two ) and see if they can see the fault reoccur?

djdunny wrote: »
    as wmpdd3 said the repair has to be permanent. If the same fault occurs again then you have grounds to ask for an exchange PROVIDED they can see the fault in store.

I know this can be frustrating as sometimes a fault can be intermittent. Why dont you leave your phone with them for a while ( hour or two ) and see if they can see the fault reoccur?

Oh yea sorry took up wmpdd3 a bit wrong :o

I already tried before to leave the phone in with them but they didn't want to know.

Phone returned now, credit note given. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement