Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Surface Pro Question

Options
  • 10-07-2012 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I just saw that Microsofts Surface tablet will be released alongside Windows 8 in October and that the Pro model will follow roughly 90 days later. My question is: Will the Pro have a full version of Windows 8 on it as well as the Metro version? I saw it has a USB port so in theory, could you connect an external HD to the Pro? If so, this could be my perfect setup. To have all my movies on an external that could connect to and play on a tablet would be perfect for me. Also, a fill operating system would allow me to create instead of just consume (the main reason I've stayed away from an iPad). Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It'll be a full version of Windows 8 rather than the RT version (ie the no desktop, metro interface only version).

Also, instead of connecting an external HDD you could stream the content to the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

But if I stream I'd have to be on wifi. If I was travelling and didnt have access I'd have nothing. That's why I mentioned the external.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Potentially, Would it be possible to remote play from my laptop to the device? If so, would it also be possible to access my content via the cloud on the tablet when connected to wifi, and then download what I wanted to watch on the tablet when not connected to wifi?

Advertisement