Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build driver installation advice

Options
  • 10-07-2012 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys I hope to get going on the assembly of my new PC today. I will be using the ASRock Z77 Pro3 Mobo and HIS HD 7850 GDDR5 2048MB DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP Gpu.
    I was hoping you could provide some clarification regarding the installation of the required drivers for these two components.
    Should I just install the driver cd's that come with them or should I just use the driver downloads from the INTEL and AMD websites or a combination of both?
    If I need to use both options in what order should I install them and do I need to worry about conflicts?
    Sorry if this reads as a bit of a jumbled mess but I find the driver installation to be the most confusing of everything so far although that could easily change I'm sure when I actually start the assembly.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Driver installation is generally pain free and can be installed whichever way you want
    If you feel like you have to install in a certain order then get the motherboard driver from Asrock and then AMD to be nice and up to date
    Also a great website for installing drivers is www.ninite.com which packages all the standard applications you will need like anti virus and Flash etc. and install it one go

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gopher77

Thanks for that, I was reading through everything again and what was confusing me was the HIS GPU seems to have two disks with it one with the driver installs and one with a software package for the graphics card called HIS 3D Graphics card to be loaded after the main drivers which seems to be mostly optional stuff that i would probably never use.

Do you know if the second HIS 3dD Graphics card disk has to be installed for proper function of the GPU or should the AMD drivers be enough?

The ASROCK and AMD websites both seem to have options to auto scan my system and provide the most up to date drivers required which would seem to be the easiest way to go.
    Do you know if this option is ok and do they uninstall the old drivers for you as they update your system which would be great for me as I would rather do as little manual uninstalling and installing as possible.

I was going to down load the windows security essentials virus guard which i have seen recomended by some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the AMD drivers should be enough for getting the best out of your card, I don't know what would be on the 2nd disk maybe overclocking software?
    I can't see it being a problem letting the websites scan your pc and install the best driver but i'm unsure about it uninstalling any old drivers though, you normally have to uninstall the old AMD driver to be sure
    Microsoft Security Essentials is very good and light so doesn't use much resources and stays in the background, it's what I use myself
    It can be packaged on that ninite site as well

Advertisement