Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goldfields Austrailian Open

• 10-07-2012 9:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

I'm away for a few weeks holiday so i won't be about here much but here's the link for all the info on the Austrailian Open which started yesterday. This link includes the draw, match schedule and tv times.
    Ken Doherty starts out against Martin Gould tommorow afternoon, don't be surprised if Ken does well here this week, he's had a lot of match practice over the last two weeks and the venue is only a stones throw from his Austrailian in-laws so he'll enjoy plenty of support.

Here's the link.....

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsArticles/0,,13165~2395611,00.html

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Results from yesterday:

STUART BINGHAM 4 v 5 MATTHEW SELT
    ANDREW HIGGINSON 4 v 5 RYAN DAY
    BARRY HAWKINS 5 v 1 XIAO GUODONG
    MATTHEW STEVENS 5 v 3 LIANG WENBO
    MARTIN GOULD 5 v 3 KEN DOHERTY
    ALLISTER CARTER 3 v 5 CAO YUPENG
    MARK DAVIS 5 v 2 JACK LISOWSKI
    NEIL ROBERTSON 5 v 1 NIGEL BOND
    SHAUN MURPHY 5 v 4 MARCUS CAMPBELL
    DOMINIC DALE 2 v 5 TOM FORD
    PETER EBDON 5 v 4 MICHAEL HOLT
    DING JUNHUI 5 v 0 ALAN MCMANUS
    STEPHEN LEE 5 v 4 RORY MCLEOD
    RICKY WALDEN 4 v 5 JAMIE COPE
    JOE PERRY 1 v 5 MARCO FU

Wuxi classic winner Walden knocked out already. Ali Carter is also out. Mark Selby had an embarrassing session and looked poor. Doherty is out. Asian PTC winner Bingham is out. Ding whitewashes McManus. Was also watching this. Ding looks superb.

So R2 currently looks like this at the time of posting.

MATTHEW SELT v RYAN DAY
    BARRY HAWKINS v MATTHEW STEVENS
    MARTIN GOULD v CAO YUPENG
    MARK DAVIS v NEIL ROBERTSON
    SHAUN MURPHY 4 v 1 TOM FORD
    PETER EBDON v DING JUNHUI
    STEPHEN LEE 4 v 1 JAMIE COPE
    MARCO FU v JAMIE BURNETT

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Stephen Lee won 5-2, and Shaun Murphy won 5-1. Tom Ford was terrible. I've never seen so many shots to corner off by so much, from a professional anyway. He looked good in the first frame which he won, but after he lost the second frame he fell apart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Doherty done after me tipping him to do well! Ooops I see my tips are top class as per usual !!

Further update on the competition, really coming alive now.

MATTHEW SELT 5 v 3 RYAN DAY
    BARRY HAWKINS 5 v 2 MATTHEW STEVENS
    MARTIN GOULD 5 v 4 CAO YUPENG
    MARK DAVIS 5 v 1 NEIL ROBERTSON
    SHAUN MURPHY 5 v 1 TOM FORD
    PETER EBDON 5 v 4 DING JUNHUI
    STEPHEN LEE 5 v 2 JAMIE COPE
    MARCO FU 5 v 1 JAMIE BURNETT

QUARTER FINALS

MATTHEW SELT 3 v 5 BARRY HAWKINS
    MARTIN GOULD 2 v 5 MARK DAVIS
    SHAUN MURPHY 4 v 5 PETER EBDON
    STEPHEN LEE 1 v 5 MARCO FU

Marco Fu looks like an entirely different player than last season, erally impressive stuff. Ebdon ousts Murphy, Davis out safety's Gould, and Hawkins had a tough time beating Selt. Selt had opportunities to win it himself.

So the semis are:

BARRY HAWKINS v MARK DAVIS
    PETER EBDON v MARCO FU

I think I'll tip Fu vs Hawkins final, with Hawkins to grab it :)

Would love to see Mark Davis win, he's one of the nicest guys on the circuit and long overdue a ranking title, I doubt there are many players on the tour who would begrudge him the win.

• Advertisement

Ebdon beats Fu 6-2, while Hawkins progesses 6-4.

My money is on Hawkins to win but with Ebdon you'd have money on that he'd grind a win.

Ebdon beats Fu 6-2, while Hawkins progesses 6-4.

My money is on Hawkins to win but with Ebdon you'd have money on that he'd grind a win.

If Ebdon wins he'll take his tally of ranking wins to 10, that's level with Jimmy White, whatever we think of Ebdon as a player and his methods there is no denying his staying power and talent at the game.

Hawkins triumphs 9-3. Ebdon looked a different man than he had so in the semis. The middle pockets were his own worst enemy.

Regardless, well done Hawkins. Thoroughly deserved.

Advertisement