Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Bed House; Door infront of Stairs?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, i am just wondering if anybody in a 2 bed house with the sitting room in the back has put a door in the room which would close the room off from the stairs.

We have been thinking of doing it for a while so i was just wondering if anybody else had it done already and could recommend somebody to sus?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

did you ever get this sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

TheGrove wrote: »
    Hi, i am just wondering if anybody in a 2 bed house with the sitting room in the back has put a door in the room which would close the room off from the stairs.

We have been thinking of doing it for a while so i was just wondering if anybody else had it done already and could recommend somebody to sus?? Thanks.

If drafts and heat loss are the concern this might be worth a look

http://www.theinsulationstore.ie/product-details.php?ID=116

I am also in a two bed, bought one of these six weeks ago, its made a big difference in heat in living room and also throughout, no drafts or currents up the stairs, you just throw it over the hatch and easy enough to push aside - delivery was another E20 but in my book well worth it, house is very cosy, and I have no connection to the Company at all, just got fed up with all the heat being sucked up into attic ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Maisy wrote: »

If drafts and heat loss are the concern this might be worth a look

http://www.theinsulationstore.ie/product-details.php?ID=116

I am also in a two bed, bought one of these six weeks ago, its made a big difference in heat in living room and also throughout, no drafts or currents up the stairs, you just throw it over the hatch and easy enough to push aside - delivery was another E20 but in my book well worth it, house is very cosy, and I have no connection to the Company at all, just got fed up with all the heat being sucked up into attic ðŸ˜
    hi..so i cant make it out but does it go on the attic side of the attic door? cant open your link..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Maudi wrote: »
    hi..so i cant make it out but does it go on the attic side of the attic door? cant open your link..

Hi, yep its a foil tent and it fits over the hatch and allows for the ladder to sit into it, I just push it up to get in and pull it over when finished, seals the attic off completely, its well made, I think its a great bit of kit tbh - guy is based in Galway theinsulationstore.ie attic hood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Maisy wrote: »

Hi, yep its a foil tent and it fits over the hatch and allows for the ladder to sit into it, I just push it up to get in and pull it over when finished, seals the attic off completely, its well made, I think its a great bit of kit tbh - guy is based in Galway theinsulationstore.ie attic hood
    ahh yea i know the type..i have done similiar and its a great help the attic door area was a big heat loss area..

• Advertisement
Advertisement