Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band of Horses - Olympia in November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

That is so odd, I had a look on their website during the week to see if they playing around europe this summer and it only had U.S date. Excellent that they are playing ireland....and a gig at the weekend is also very welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Cheers for the heads up. Defo going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Most excellent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Nice one..cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Just heard their new single on Paul mcLoone, new album out in September yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 stopandstare

Wohoo... just got my tickets! Presale code is on their Facebook page 'mirage' - couldn't figure it out last night as am registered on their website and fan site but got no notification that they were coming - heard about tour on Phantom. Occurred to me to check Facebook page this morning and there it was!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Presale sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 colliemac1983

Is the presale sold out, been trying all morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rintyboos

Just got my pre-sale tickets there! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

just booked a ticket there, but I selected Standing from the options and I went through the process and bought the ticket. When I received my email it says I have a seat on the ground floor?! I Thought it was standing only on the ground floor. Im befuddled :eek: pain in the bollix cos I booked just one and friends bought 3 for themselves.. so we're all seated in different areas.. what the fup??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Rintyboos

Yea mine says that too but I think its just the system they use. Its default is "seating location" but it definitely said ground floor standing when I booked it!

Would standing or circle be the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

maldini wrote: »
    just booked a ticket there, but I selected Standing from the options and I went through the process and bought the ticket. When I received my email it says I have a seat on the ground floor?! I Thought it was standing only on the ground floor. Im befuddled :eek: pain in the bollix cos I booked just one and friends bought 3 for themselves.. so we're all seated in different areas.. what the fup??

The ground floor is all standing. If it wasn't it would be classed as stalls and not ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

This is sellling very fast, so get your skates if you are interested in going and want to avoid the upper circle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

The ground floor is all standing. If it wasn't it would be classed as stalls and not ground floor.

indeed.. just initial panic on my part due to being allocated a seat in row 17 that doesnt actually exist as all rows are alphabetical :D

Got my tickets, cannot wait. Had to go for standing as the circle seats been offered were at the very back.

Anyway, they will be promoting the new album on the tour. Knock Knock is the first song from it. Its kinda ok, but hopefully better will be to come from the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,465 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Does anyone know who the support are for this show ? Saw them in Paris on the last night of the final tour of the last album, f!cking amazing and then some really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AngryGoldfish

Has anyone noticed that this show is sold out already? I really wanted to go, but I couldn't afford the tickets when they came out. I new that they were popular here, but I didn't know they would sell out so soon. I don't suppose anyone can't go and wants to get rid of a ticket? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reeno78

1 seated ticket for sale, cost price, pm if interested. im in cork, will be in dublin after lunch time saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

tonight. cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Don't have the words to describe this band. They should be huge, amazing balls gig.

Yeah an absolute class gig. Playing the first part of the encore from the VIP box was such a kick ass cool moment. Love this band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Anyone know the name of the song that had an intro almost Michael Stype like, spoken, deep voice....they played it half way through or later.

Also, and not sure if this is the same song, the song with the really strong bass riff/solo intro...anyone know the name of that?

Great gig. Accoustics not very good but that's the olympia for you.

Anyone know the name of the song that had an intro almost Michael Stype like, spoken, deep voice....they played it half way through or later.

Also, and not sure if this is the same song, the song with the really strong bass riff/solo intro...anyone know the name of that?

Great gig. Accoustics not very good but that's the olympia for you.

Could be 'Heartbreak on the 101' from the new record. Found the sound great myself but guess it depends where you are.

That's the one alright, thanks a million.

Now I'm just looking for the one which started with the heavy bass riff/solo. Anyhone??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

That's the one alright, thanks a million.

Now I'm just looking for the one which started with the heavy bass riff/solo. Anyhone??!!

I think that was Dumpster World from the new album.

That's the one alright. Thanks!

Guess who hasn't got the new album!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I had the pleasure of being in the box next to them as they performed the encore. Took this on my phone. Was raging I walked out of the apartment without bringing my camera.

class moment well captured. I gotta say whenever i go to the Olympia for a gig I'm always kind of green with envy for a very small second of those in the boxes must be some view

• Advertisement
Advertisement