Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing overhang in Waterford City ?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just on the back of another thread building in ardkeen i was just wondering could we get a definative list of the amount of empty houses in waterford, i suppose we could say new builds as that would be probably easiest to calculate but not exclusive to them,

I think the more empty houses and apartments there are the more detremental it is to the property market in waterford, well its good news maybe for buyers.

So i was would say there are at least 20 odd houses in MEADOWBANK ive been through there visiting friends and have seen alot boarded up and i even saw one stripped of its radiators and central heating boiler unit :eek:

Its a real shame to see empty and vandalised houses, I would say there are another 10 in CARRAIG AN AIRD which is an unfinished estate, no property tax there! and in FOXWOOD there are at least 3 unsold houses.

Anymore? im sure there are!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Half the new builds in the vicinty of ferrybank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Mount Suir / Mount Suir Manor, Gracedieu.

At the front of the housing estate there is both unoccupied and unfinished apartments.

At the back of the housing estate there is both unoccupied and unfinished houses.
    Edit: These were vandalised (by youknowwho) to the point of a semi-regular Garda presence a few months ago.

At the back of the housing estate there is an apartment complex that I've been told is roughly 85% unoccupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Mount Suir / Mount Suir Manor, Gracedieu.

At the front of the housing estate there is both unoccupied and unfinished apartments.

At the back of the housing estate there is both unoccupied and unfinished houses.
    Edit: These were vandalised (by youknowwho) to the point of a semi-regular Garda presence a few months ago.

At the back of the housing estate there is an apartment complex that I've been told is roughly 85% unoccupied.
    An eyesore sight... County Council should take over this area and finish the work and rent them out to people who are seeking county council house... Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

My god there seems to be alot of empty houses in Waterford, Its a terrible shame, This has to affect the housing market, prices cant really recover with so many empty houses eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Actually Waterford has not a large housing over supply in per capita terms in comparison to most Irish cities or large towns, it is just a large amount in specific areas that were never big selling areas.
    Go looking to buy a house, and there is not a lot out there that are priced at market value to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

An eyesore sight... County Council should take over this area and finish the work and rent them out to people who are seeking county council house... Easy.

Try convincing the people on mortgages of that.

Advertisement