If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for package based on DENON CEOL RCDN7

Options
  • 10-07-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in a new system and the DENON CEOL seems to cover off all my requirements.
    Can you confirm if the AirPlay update is now a FREE upgrade through a firmware update or is it still £39.99?

I'm looking for some advice on speakers to compliment it.
    From checking your site I've narrowed down to the following:

Denon Ceol / Monitor Audio BX2
    Denon Ceol / Dali Zensor 1
    Denon Ceol / Q Acoustic 2010i
    Denon Ceol / MISSION MX1

My only caveat for the speakers is that they are compact (I'm tight on space) and that they are magnetically shielded (as they will be placed next to a LCD TV).
    Not sure about bi-wireable as I'm a relative newbie having only ever owned a Sony all-in-one.

I would appreciate any help or guidance you can offer, and of course a good bargain ;-)

Best regards,
    Joe

p.s. I hope to call up to the store (traveling from Dublin) as I would like a demo, so please exclude shipping costs!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Jayneemac.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Richersounds.

The Ceol is a fantastic unit and one of our best sellers as it it east to use and ticks all the boxes.

At the moment the Airplay is free and the following text taken from the Denon website:
    If you already own an AirPlay compatible AV component from Denon, you can upgrade to enjoy this exclusive technology for free using your device's "Feature Upgrade." Head to http://airplay.denon-upgrade.eu for more information.

If it was down to me my two choices would be the Ceol with the BX1's or the Dali Zensor 1's. Both speakers are around the same deminsions and both sound brilliant.

The Ceol with the BX'1 woudl be priced at £519.90 but I could offer for £499.95

With the Zensor 1's the price would be £449.95 as a bundle deal:
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-systems/pah01300

If you wanted to go for the large BX2 speakers I could offer them along with the Ceol for £529.95

I hope this is of help.

With have all the items instock and available for a Demo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the prompt feedback.

The Zensor 1 bundle is very tempting indeed. Can you confirm if these speakers will play nice sitting close to a Toshiba 22" LCD TV/DVD combo.
    I intend to position the speakers approx. 140cm apart on solid wooden base, are they forgiving and flexible with regard positioning?

Also am I correct to assume that you will throw in some cables with the bundle...QED Silver perhaps or a comparable high quality cable?

Thanks again for your assistance,
    Joe

Hey guys,

I haven't heard back from ye regarding a re-stock of the Black Ceol.
    We're you able to source a unit from Denon.eu?

rgds,
    Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Joe. Sorry for the lack of reply.

Unfortunately the RDN7 is now completely finished and we are awaiting the new RCDN8 and the new Piccolo systems to be launched.

The new RCDN8 is due out shortly with the Piccolo due towards the end of this month.

We are waiting eagerly for these new models as our Denon rep reckons we'll love them. The internet setup on the new one has been made a lot easier and they have added a WPS button on the rear. The Airplay is now also built in so you do not have to activate it or apply an upgrade. They have improved the wireless reception thanks to a new wifi antenna. They have improved the sound and the ipod will now charge on the unit even in standby. The system will low also handle both 192kHz/24-bit FLAC/WAV streaming and gapless playback, which is an excellent upgrade.

The Piccolo is the same system but minus the CD player.

We will be putting details on boards once we get these in as we do have lots of interest in them.

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks for the update Dave.

Do you have any idea how much you will be retailing the RCD-N8 at?

Best regards,
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jayneemac wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Dave.

Do you have any idea how much you will be retailing the RCD-N8 at?

Best regards,
    Joe

Hi Joe,

No pricing as of yet. Once we find out we'll make sure to let you Boardies know :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.