Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Dog Kennels in Cork city

• 10-07-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

My usual kennels is full and I need a really good quality kennels in Cork (living in Douglas) for my two small dogs within the next 2 weeks. I'd prefer a kennel's where the dogs are not mixed. I've heard about Creaden's but they have to pass a test or something like that so wouldn't have the time. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

verat wrote: »
    My usual kennels is full and I need a really good quality kennels in Cork (living in Douglas) for my two small dogs within the next 2 weeks. I'd prefer a kennel's where the dogs are not mixed. I've heard about Creaden's but they have to pass a test or something like that so wouldn't have the time. Can anyone help please?

I think the test in creedons is a few hours in daycare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Millem wrote: »

I looked into it recently and it's three days, costs €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Léan wrote: »

I looked into it recently and it's three days, costs €45.

Omg that's crazy! The "Assessment tests" in the daycares in Dublin it is only for a few hours!

Omg that's crazy! The "Assessment tests" in the daycares in Dublin it is only for a few hours!

I know yeah! Thought it was a bit excessive myself :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 verat

I thought it (Creedons) was a money making racket but didn't want to say. Some (and very few thankfully) kennels 'Americanise' the whole pet thing. They are after all, animals. Anyway........ still waiting on some recommendations please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I just have to point out here that Creedons is a day-care centre, not boarding kennels ie people leave their dogs there while they are at work during the day. I'm not sure if they provide an over-night service but if they do I imagine it would have been introduced to facilitate their normal customers.

I just have to point out here that Creedons is a day-care centre, not boarding kennels ie people leave their dogs there while they are at work during the day. I'm not sure if they provide an over-night service but if they do I imagine it would have been introduced to facilitate their normal customers.

They do a home boarding service but only after the dog has passed the assessment.

Advertisement