Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibility of PS4 been released before Xmas 2012

Options
  • 10-07-2012 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Is there any possibility of the PS4 been released in Ireland by Christmas of this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not a hope in hell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

dttq wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of the PS4 been released in Ireland by Christmas of this year?

None whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

There hasn't even been a release date set on the console has there? Weird topic for a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

There hasn't even been a release date set on the console has there? Weird topic for a thread.

The console hasn't been announced, let alone a release data.

OP, you won't see this before Xmas of 2013 at the very earliest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There hasnt even been a console yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

anything is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭DenMan

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-release-date-news-and-rumours-937822

According to the above website it may launch in time for a Christmas 2013 release OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

dttq wrote: »

tracey-jordan-nope.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

subway wrote: »
    anything is possible

If it was going to be released this Christmas they'd have shown off the console at E3. A lot. Many things are possible but not this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    If it was going to be released this Christmas they'd have shown off the console at E3. A lot. Many things are possible but not this.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't even put money on a Christmas 2013 in Europe release. March-June 2014 would be my guess over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Definitely will be in stores by December.

ahem no way if there was it would of been shown at e3 and toyoko games show etc

if it did happen wow thats a huge secret to keep under wrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

december of what year though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

2012 illogical/typo. Christmas 2013 possibility. Christmas 2014 realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I would say christmas 2013 being realistic and i will tell you why, Sony as a corporation needs to turn itself around financially and a quick release of another console will be one of the cash cows it needs to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

I would say christmas 2013 being realistic and i will tell you why, Sony as a corporation needs to turn itself around financially and a quick release of another console will be one of the cash cows it needs to do it.

Not necessarily, they wont start making money back on it (depending on the cost of manufacture) until at least a few million sales, so it could actually prolong the release of a new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

brainiac wrote: »
    Not necessarily, they wont start making money back on it (depending on the cost of manufacture) until at least a few million sales, so it could actually prolong the release of a new console.
    Its the raft of accessories that will bring in the money, that and i wonder about them charging for online gaming similar to xbox live.
    I have a feeling it wont cost them as much to develop the next console, as there is no significant media advnace on the horizon (like bluray this gen)
    and i bet they would lean to hardware already in extistance just modifing its use, they will end up using graphics cards that are already in pcs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

that and i wonder about them charging for online gaming similar to xbox.

They'll want to seriously up their game if they want to do that. PSN has nothing on LIVE and if they don't bring it up to scratch it won't go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Summer 2014 would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

brainiac wrote: »

From the what they learn from the PS3 and how they developed the Vita they built it to meet the price, they'll operate at a loss of course but not to that large of one.

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Summer 2014 would be my guess.

most console release as christmas

sometimes march

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Well E.A just announced that they intend to release Battlefield 4 in November 2013 two years after Battlefield 3. So you can put your house on no new PS4 until 1 year after that date at least. http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/07/17/ea-announces-battlefield-4

There is nothing new on the market at the moment in terms on hardware that Sony can make into a new console thats any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ConMan97

i bought the new PLAY magazine and it said November 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Its already out, you can get it from all good Carboot sales

1322902271.jpg

Real Answer less than 1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

More chance of me walking into my room to find Megan Fox naked in my bed and begging me to jump in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

i heard somewhere that ps bring out a new console every 6 years or so but there no way is there a new one to be released for Christmas shops would be selling them to you already if there was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

that is one FUGLY ps4

Advertisement