Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD 99 cent promotion scam

Options
  • 10-07-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

This morning I was lucky to have have gotten the 99 cent car insurance quote from fbd. I was instructed to ring them which I did. I went through all the questions and having then said I had no driving experience and a provisional license, I was told I was not eligible for the offer. The terms and conditions state that anyone over the age of 18 can qualify for this insurance. They said I had no experience and could not offer me the deal. What a load of bull. Then they explain to me that I do not reach the "underlying regulating criteria" which I tried to find on their website, which was to no avail. I mean what is their problem. Is this not false advertising and are they wrong. I says one thing and then something which is not clearly stated. They will insure me as I tried their online site again but it comes up at over 3000. They are lying at stage

Has anyone experienced this and should I fight it. I have tried but they are doing nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Did you tell them you had no driving experience and a provisional licence at the time you obtained the quotation? Have you a licence and is it a 'clean licence' or have you convictions/points etc?

Advertisement