Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venues in Dublin 15 that cater for private parties

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Could anyone advise me of a good venue in Dublin 15 that would be suitable for a 50th wedding anniversary? I have searched the net and rang around a few places it seems that some places don't need the business as they never return my calls...Any help would be grateful...

Emerald

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How many people? Carlton Hotel Tyrellstown, Crowne Plaza, The Paddocks in Littlepace, Jack O'Neills in Tyrellstown, The Bell in Blanchardstown Village, the 12th Lock, Clonsilla Inn, the Grasshopper in Clonee?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Castleknock hotel, halfway house (okay d7).

Some more info about your requirements please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Castleknock Tennis Club might accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

http://www.stbrigidsgaa.com/ pretty cheap and you will have an excellent bar to yourselfs

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emerald75

Thanks, that's given me a good start... Im not from the area so Im grateful for the info...It is a surprise party so I have to find somewhere we can get them to without them picking up on it....Will start ringing a few of the places now....I might be back for more help on food, djs, bands etc...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Emerald75 wrote: »
    Thanks, that's given me a good start... Im not from the area so Im grateful for the info...It is a surprise party so I have to find somewhere we can get them to without them picking up on it....Will start ringing a few of the places now....I might be back for more help on food, djs, bands etc...:)

We had a surprise party for my mam in the Paddocks in Littlepace a few years ago. We said we were going for a meal in the restaurant upstairs (there isn't a restaurant) but there's a lift that opens out into the room so we brought her up on that instead of the stairs and when the doors opened everyone shouted surprise.

Halfway house seems to be winning the race so far!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublin15head

A little bit out of the way, but the Anglers Rest have a fantastic room upstairs with a sort of roof garden as a smoking area etc.

Been to a wedding and birthday party here and really impressed. Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

:) for the Halfway House.

We'd a family event there this week and as the function room was booked we had the Restaurant (which is closed atm) and it was really lovely. The space was ideal and cosy without being too noisy. The platters of hot finger food were delicious and went down a treat with all the guests. We had a few children who were welcome as it was closed function they had just as much fun as the adults.

The details were all handled very easy, no fee for the room and a price per head on food. The upstairs function room has a full bar, they are putting in a bar in the room we were in but it wasn't finished for our event so they had lounge staff in the room looking after drinks for us. There's bathrooms directly off the room we were in, as does the upstairs big room. They offered to handle music for the event via giving them an ipod loaded with songs for the night, and were very facilitating with the alternative we had of a family member playing DJ for the night. And we had early access to the room for decorations and balloons etc on the night.

All told they were great to deal with and it felt like good value, and just a few mins up the N3 to get back home to D15 when all was done :) And eh just in case there's anyone wondering - I've absolutely NO connections to that business, and I'm just a happy customer who used their venue for a similar purpose to the OP this week.

KGLady wrote: »
    :) for the Halfway House.

We'd a family event there this week and as the function room was booked we had the Restaurant (which is closed atm) and it was really lovely. The space was ideal and cosy without being too noisy. The platters of hot finger food were delicious and went down a treat with all the guests. We had a few children who were welcome as it was closed function they had just as much fun as the adults.

The details were all handled very easy, no fee for the room and a price per head on food. The upstairs function room has a full bar, they are putting in a bar in the room we were in but it wasn't finished for our event so they had lounge staff in the room looking after drinks for us. There's bathrooms directly off the room we were in, as does the upstairs big room. They offered to handle music for the event via giving them an ipod loaded with songs for the night, and were very facilitating with the alternative we had of a family member playing DJ for the night. And we had early access to the room for decorations and balloons etc on the night.

All told they were great to deal with and it felt like good value, and just a few mins up the N3 to get back home to D15 when all was done :) And eh just in case there's anyone wondering - I've absolutely NO connections to that business, and I'm just a happy customer who used their venue for a similar purpose to the OP this week.

Thanks for the info everyone...Have contacted all the places mentioned..Halfway house is coming out on tops all right...Best Value and most accommodating.. Only problem is are booked out for the night we want..I will have to juggle the dates....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The Anglers rest is a good spot. Have been to a 30th there and it was great craic. Food is really good.

We had a 30th in Brady's as well. They can reserve an area for you depending on size...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

What about Westmanstown? They've loads of space and ample parking... not to mention the food!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

was at family do in castleknock hotel last week - very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Emerald75 wrote: »

Brady's will organise everything for you, DJ, food etc...

Would have your own bar to yourself

Advertisement