Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business Venture

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

Hi there,

I have a great new product that im looking for investment in. I am currently working on the business plan which I am using the AIB seed fund template which is quite detailed

I would ideally like someone to run the company with myself and to invest in it also. The product is not in the market yet and has global potential reach.

I would be hesitant in sending any details over an email or on the phine but would be more than willing to meet up. Obviously I need to protect this so I would need a non disclosure agreement signed.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

NFC4ME wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a great new product that im looking for investment in. I am currently working on the business plan which I am using the AIB seed fund template which is quite detailed

I would ideally like someone to run the company with myself and to invest in it also. The product is not in the market yet and has global potential reach.

I would be hesitant in sending any details over an email or on the phine but would be more than willing to meet up. Obviously I need to protect this so I would need a non disclosure agreement signed.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

You probably need to give more information about what skills/abilities/experience you're looking for in a partner as well as what industry and type of product you're dealing with to get any kind of helpful answers :)

Oh and one thing you learn quickly is that people rarely bother stealing other people's ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I am intrigued.

Can you give an indication of the level of investment you are after?

Have you full confidence in the success of the business? (I know this is a hard one to answer)

If you have confidence and can show, with projections that are realistic and backed up by detailed market research, then the banks should be willing to fund the venture. Bank of Ireland are actively advertising the fact that they have funds to lend and are looking for suitable projects.

Perhaps you are looking for someone to share the risk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 NFC4ME

Hi,

Thanks for all the messages. It is a service product that incoporates NFC technology. As you may be aware contactless technology is becoming increasingly popular in modern day lifestyles with the Oyster in London, the Leap card in dublin and now mobile phones are coming with a chip built in. Visa and mastercard are also going to be issuing cards with this technology embedded.

I have a number of innovative ideas around this technology and my main product will be a first globally. Although I am sure someone else soon enough will probably come up with it eventually.

If becoming involved in something like the above is what you may be interested in please let me know.

The investment I would be looking for is in and around 100k.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 NFC4ME

No takers?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Near Field Communication is probably going to limit potential investors to people familiar with high tech and you haven't given your background or qualifications. Also the level 100k, isn't a small chunk of change in Ireland and there is few investors that do meetings with strangers who sign NDA's unless they are the instigator.

I appreciate its hard to give away information, but investors at that level wont meet you to hear the idea, you would have to explain it to them, then send a business plan and then meet. If they have that money to spare chances are they are time poor already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

OP, have you protected the product? Is it patentable? Do you own the IP?

What type of investor do you require, technological, marketing, financial, manufacturing, supply chain etc.

thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

maybe saying where you are based, what kind of partner (some one who will work with you to secure investment), you skills, the skills of the desired partner, ... etc would help in furthering your idea.

Advertisement