Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile call quality - codec?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

A recent convert to emobile, I've noticed that voice call quality on emobile isn't very good. It may be the codec that's in use on the network.

Call quality is not very good, and it's not a problem with signal. Is this an issue that's being worked on, or is it not reported?

It could be the handset, but I think it may be locked. I'll try later with a SIM from a different network and see if there's a difference in call quality.

I tried submitting this on https://secure.emobile.ie/app/contactUsCustomer - but the form gives a 'please select query type' error even when that field is selected. I'm using chrome on W7.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

edanto wrote: »
    A recent convert to emobile, I've noticed that voice call quality on emobile isn't very good. It may be the codec that's in use on the network.

Call quality is not very good, and it's not a problem with signal. Is this an issue that's being worked on, or is it not reported?

It could be the handset, but I think it may be locked. I'll try later with a SIM from a different network and see if there's a difference in call quality.

I tried submitting this on https://secure.emobile.ie/app/contactUsCustomer - but the form gives a 'please select query type' error even when that field is selected. I'm using chrome on W7.

Hi edanto,

What type of handset do you have? Have you tried another sim card in your phone? Do you have the voume turned up on the phone?

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Galaxy S3. Haven't tried another SIM (yet - not sure if phone is locked) and yip, the volume is set to the max.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

edanto wrote: »
    Galaxy S3. Haven't tried another SIM (yet - not sure if phone is locked) and yip, the volume is set to the max.

Thanks for reply edanto,

If you dont have an eMobile sim card could you go to a store and get them to give you a replacement sm card.

Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I commented on that codec elsewhere in the last few days. Had an S3 to test and the call quality on EMobile/Meteor is Vile. It was excellent on O2 and seemed fine on Vodafone on a limited test. :(

As eMobile is aimed at the voice market the network will never get traction with call quality like that. If it is the SIM...precidely how does the sim affect the network codec in use Tony????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I tried it with a 3 SIM and the difference was incredible. Crystal clear sound.

With the emobile SIM, people have said that it sounds to them like I am underwater or very distant.... a little echoey. I've had the same results calling land lines from my mobile as I get from calling mobiles.

Are there any other reports of this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement