Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Bank Transfers

Options
  • 10-07-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi there ,
    Just a query in regard to clearance of funds , I'm suppose to be refunded for an item I bought off a seller on adverts.ie , she said she sent the online transfer of funds from her Permanant TSB account @ 4.15pm on Friday to my AIB account , still no sign of funds ! I know when I paid her originally from my AIB a/c to her Per TSB a/c it was one working day for the funds to appear in her account but my question is now it's the opposite way around , how long does it take Per TSB tansfers to clear into AIB a/c ?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Banks usually have a cut off for when they send out transfers, so it's possible that it wasn't processed until Monday. Allowing for a day or two it should arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

Sarn wrote: »
    Banks usually have a cut off for when they send out transfers, so it's possible that it wasn't processed until Monday. Allowing for a day or two it should arrive tomorrow.

Hi thanks for your help , hopefully it will be in tomorrow as the seller who is refunding me has turned out to be very unreliable so if there is no sign tomorrow .....questions will be asked !!!
    Thanks again for the advice ;)

I still haven't received any transfer in my AIB account ! Am I right in thinking it should have been in it by now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

wiilow74 wrote: »
    Hi there ,
    Just a query in regard to clearance of funds , I'm suppose to be refunded for an item I bought off a seller on adverts.ie , she said she sent the online transfer of funds from her Permanant TSB account @ 4.15pm on Friday to my AIB account , still no sign of funds ! I know when I paid her originally from my AIB a/c to her Per TSB a/c it was one working day for the funds to appear in her account but my question is now it's the opposite way around , how long does it take Per TSB tansfers to clear into AIB a/c ?

Thanks in advance :)
    AN online transfer at 4.15 would miss the end of day cut-off which gives you next day value. In this instance the money should have been in the account first thing on Tuesday morning. This is the same for all banks in ireland and Europe and the timeline D+1 is enshrined in the Payment Services Regulations 2009. Either the money wasnt sent or it was sent to an incorrect account.

Thanks that's what I thought !!

Legislator wrote: »
    AN online transfer at 4.15 would miss the end of day cut-off which gives you next day value. In this instance the money should have been in the account first thing on Tuesday morning. This is the same for all banks in ireland and Europe and the timeline D+1 is enshrined in the Payment Services Regulations 2009. Either the money wasnt sent or it was sent to an incorrect account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement