Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair cost for house with leaky roof and mold

Options
  • 10-07-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Just viewed our dream house yesterday, the house has everything we are looking for and in the area we are looking for. Though there are visible issues with house as below:
    i) Leaky roof upstairs in most bedrooms.
    ii) Mould
    iii) Skirting coming off the wall

Attached are photos of the issues as well for closer inspection.
    Almost all bedrooms on floor 1 has mold. Leaky roof in 2 bedrooms. Skirting coming of all walls.

We are excited about house and it is keenly priced and only built in 7-8 years ago. The way we want to proceed is make an offer and go for a structural survey to cover inspection of these issues. Are we mad to think about buying this house or these issues are standard with Irish houses. I will also like to hear opinions of people who have/had similar issues or know some stories of friend/relatives.

Anyone has any ideas how much does it cost to fix the issues and how long it takes to fix all this.I just want to budget that before putting an offer, will this fix the issue or once you got a mold its a end game and it'll never disappear.

Many Thanks for all your help

Pics are at thread as below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056694972

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, but cross posting over multiple forums can be viewed as spam. Please stick to the one thread in one forum. Thanks.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement