Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbarry Road Improvments

Options
  • 10-07-2012 4:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Great to see the Kilbarry Road improvements coming towards an end! The road was an absolute disaster for a long time until work begun on it a few months back to widen it, install new footpaths and lighting, a complete resurface and two new roundabouts built and they have built a new road onto the roundabout at Lacken Road.

Not sure I like the fencing going up by the halting site, see how the finish it but the wooden fencing would have looked nicer id have thought.

Will be great when its finished - long overdue a makeover anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I totally agree with you, I sent god knows how many letters to the council about the state of that road before hand, not that im saying i had anything to do with that, but i had 2 cars damaged by the road it was so bad, I think its great now, pitty they never made any bays for Bus stops! I spoke to the building Foreman about that and he was like, ahhh yeah but we never had it in the planning.

They should have allowed for CCTV to be put in a point i raised with councillor Cummins like the ones on the Cork Road, lots of dumping and anti social activities going on along that road, always bags dumped from templars hall over the wall, If they had of dropped cables in for CCTV it would have been cheaper to do it in the building phase,

Anywho im delighted to see it being done makes the place look much better and the foot paths are just asking to be walked on, no excuses now eh!

And to think there were 2 new housing estates an industrial estate a school a rugby club and it was the first road you used on the driving test and the state that road was in was unreal.

great job, suppose to be finished by the end of the month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

the cctv system is actually is a wireless system so there should,nt be any problem if they can get signal out that direction the only thing would be the cost of install

Oh yeah forgot they were wireless! well i think this road could CERTAINLY do with CCTV I think its the start of a nice bit of redevelopment of this area, it would be a shame to see it take 2 steps forward and then when they work is done see dumping and anti social behaviour happening!

One thing i am wary of is i hope it doesnt turn into a racing stretch of road, Ive already heard alot of cars booting down that road and its not even finished:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

C'mon. Its Waterford. They are bound to put down ramps at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And a few roundabouts between the ramps

• Advertisement

No ramps please!!!!!!!

Some ramps in waterford wud want a jeep and an oxygen tank!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Developers seem to be on a bit of a go slow at the moment. I don't fully understand why they are doubling up on street lights either - they have added new lamps beside each existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

New ones in first before old ones can come out.

About Buses, the planning for the road includes for the future creation of bus lanes if required, the land take is large enough for them.

invalid wrote: »
    New ones in first before old ones can come out.

About Buses, the planning for the road includes for the future creation of bus lanes if required, the land take is large enough for them.

Do we need new lights?! Also why do re surfacing at the busiest time of the day when its usually done at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

The road alignment has changed, as has the road width so the type of light required is a bit different. Also the last set of street lights sort of evolved over time and were not planned at one system. If your going to build a new road, is it not better to upgrade everything? No need to go back tearing up the roads and footpath plus is cheaper to do it now.

As for daytime work, its a hell of a lot cheaper.

• Advertisement

I think they are obviously going to remove the existing lights that have been replaced with new lights, I was talking to one of the workers awhile ago and asked when was the planned finish date he said to me end of July was the planned finish date but that it could be end of august, ah well it was one of the wettest summers in about 50 years!

I also spoke to the foreman about bus stops and he said there were no plans made for bus stops!

Theres an allowance for an entrance accross the road from Carraig An Aird as the land is for sale and they made a provision for an entrance and exit for vehicles, I can see a caravan being plonked on that entrance as soon as their finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

the two entrances across from templars hall are for the new fire station which building work will commence on within a few months.

Advertisement