Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bosch lawn mower power cable

Options
  • 10-07-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi:

I accidentally cut the power cable while using the bosch electric lawn mower the other day, I'm wondering if anyone know if the bosch trimmer will use the same power cable, if so, I would just buy a trimmer instead buying a new power cable.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

My Mother did the same thing there. B an Q used to stock replacement parts but they did not have any they said people were never buying them so they dont stock them but to call the company and they might send you one. Ok so I though feck I will just fix it myself.

Only do this if you feel you are competent or an electrical person does it.

What I did was take the bit with the wires going in apart.

Be careful when you open it to look at where everything is and draw a diagram. A picture not just of the wires but also of where every part is. Put screws into a cup or something to hold them. Once open you need to see if anything else will come loose as you fix it. If it does then separate it but remember where it was.

Ok so then inside the one she has its a black and decker there was like brass connections.

these are called crimped connection. Google image to see one.

I then bought a crimper and connection set along with some things I did not need in a proper electrical supply shop. B & Q were sold out of them so go to a proper electrical store they will have them.

Ok so the box was open I removed the broken wire by loosening the screws that hold it in place. I was careful to remember the colours of the wires and where they go back into so even if the box became loose and moved about or if I got distracted later. I'd know what to do.

I then got the shortened wire striped back the wire with cutter that looks like a pliers but is sharper (snips) and then stripped back the insulation wire on the live and neutral. I put on the connectors and used the crimper to fix on the wires. I then closed back up the box.

(inside the one I done is a switch it must be put back in the way it was)

In any case this was for the machine my mother had. It took me about an hour. I have worked on lots of things and I am an electrical engineer but I am not an electrician so its pushing me a bit. I knew as long as I lost nothing I could always go to a shop with it like a petrol lawn mower place and they'd fix it most like.

The one you have might not need the crimper connections but it might and if you buy another type of one then you might be wasting your time.

Have a think about it in any case and remember if you cant do it safely don't do it.

Advertisement