Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobsworths

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Are you saying the company refuse outright to help a customer is such manner?

Nah, but they have in this case for that reason.
    there's no way they've no returns policy.

They obviously have a policy on returns - no reciept, no return.

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Okay, there seems to be a perception that I argued with the chap I was dealing with. That's absolutely not the case. I - very politely - asked if he'd swap the boxes and he said no.

Oh, most of my post was a personal rant, it wasn't meant to imply that you shouted at the guy or anything. The only points of yours that I was objecting to were that the guy was a "cretin"/"cnut"/"mean"/"unreasonable" and that because swapping the boxes seems physically easy to you, he should have let you away with it. Just because your mistake was an honest mistake, it doesn't mean that he should ignore your lack of a receipt. You claimed that if you were behind the till you would have accommodated the customer, even though you have no idea how their system works or what authority he had.
    From the very onset, it was quite apparent that the guy I dealt with had a bit of an attitude and that he wasn't the sort to be "as accommodating as possible". Initially, I referred my question to a younger lady, who deferred to him, who was sitting right beside her. General manners would have dictated that he addressed the situation promptly but I estimate I waited about 40 seconds for him to finish reading his article about John Terry's ongoing court case and then to take an affectedly long slurp of his tea.
    This however, is a reasonable complaint. Attitude is everything, and I'd see this as a valid complaint even if he was just serving you and there was no returns issue involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

They obviously have a policy on returns - no reciept, no return.

Surely a bit of common sense should prevail? The OP said it was obvious where he'd bought the box as the logo was all over it. Why the need for a receipt?

Seriously, have humans become so clinical that we can't act or think outside the box (no pun intended! :))?

The box guy just seems comes across as a bit of loser to me and looking exercise some power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

token101 wrote: »
    Yeah he should put his job at risk/cause himself an unnecessary headache just to help you. Get your receipt or f*ck off. Simple as.

It's not like I was asking him to smuggle heroin into a prison for me. I think that swapping a couple of boxes was a fairly minor ask.

Yea, I should've had a receipt but I maintain that the combination of my story and the pristine, unused boxes would have proved nearly - if not exactly - what a receipt would have.

Surely a bit of common sense should prevail? The OP said it was obvious where he'd bought the box as the logo was all over it. Why the need for a receipt?

Seriously, have humans become so clinical that we can't act or think outside the box (no pun intended! :))?

The box guy just seems comes across as a bit of loser to me and looking exercise some power.

A bit of common sense? What, like keeping the receipt? Or getting the correct box in the first place?

He was just following what he was told. Maybe there is a transaction number on the reciept that is compulsary for him to enter for a return. Maybe his manager is a cúnt and would drive him mad for entering returns with no reciept.

Yeah he should put his job at risk/cause himself an unnecessary headache just to help you. Get your receipt or f*ck off. Simple as.

Pretty stupid post.

Seriously, make an exchange of a product, help a consumer, consumer feels happy with the company, mentions it to others, will use company again = losing your job...even if it's against policy (which company's make allowances for - and it was a fcuking box!)

Cop on.

I hope you've to return something and are told to f*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What sort of self-respecting poll doesn't have an Atari Boxuar option?

This is exactly my point! What frustrated me was the guy's absolute refusal to think for himself.

Right, I didn't have a receipt. But what's a receipt's purpose? It proves what was bought, where, when and for how much. Anyone with any cop on could have engaged in this thought process:

What was bought? The two boxes right in front of me.
    Where were they bought? The printed logos prove from this company
    When were they bought? Mm, hard to determine but given the condition of the boxes and that they're still in their wrapping it was probably quite recently. Certainly enough there to give the benefit of the doubt.
    How much was paid? Again, hard to determine without knowing the date. However, one should consider: has the price changed recently? If so, perhaps the customer would be willing to make-up the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Based on the story of the OP ?

Given the fact the OP is on the internet shouting the odds thinking he's entitled to other peoples time and good will whats the chances of him being the decent one of the scenario in the shop ?? I'd say pretty slim.

I've dealt with lots of people and the ones who get most upset are those who think they can charm and bully their way to a refund/exchange and that they dont need to do what everyone else has to do. When they fail and realize they have been told no by someone they see as inferior their ego gets bruised and its a conspiracy and they get rather upset and have a little whinge and rant about it.

I usually employ this type of line:

Are you telling me it's absolutely impossible for you to exchange a box?

1.) He won't be able to admit it's impossible, because nothing of this nature is.
    2.) He'll feel stupid, backed into a corner and he'll have to exchange your box.

Number 2 there is probably the reason the OP was told to fcuk off, same reason you'd be told to fcuk off too if I ever had to deal with ya. You think bullying someone will get you what you want. Many a time I had to deal with some arrogant ignorant cnut like that and I can tell you I didnt have one desire to do anything to help him more than what I needed to.

A bit of common sense? What, like keeping the receipt? Or getting the correct box in the first place?

He was just following what he was told. Maybe there is a transaction number on the reciept that is compulsary for him to enter for a return. Maybe his manager is a cúnt and would drive him mad for entering returns with no reciept.

And maybe (no, definitely) there's a barcode on the product anyway.

The guy just wants to exchange a box!

I can't believe some of the posts on here (not yours).

I've gone back many times with no receipt and people are generally willing to help you because it was obvious where I'd bought the item, I was sincere and just explained the issue.

• Advertisement

LordSmeg wrote: »

Given the fact the OP is on the internet shouting the odds thinking he's entitled to other peoples time and good will whats the chances of him being the decent one of the scenario in the shop ?? I'd say pretty slim.

I've dealt with lots of people and the ones who get most upset are those who think they can charm and bully their way to a refund/exchange and that they dont need to do what everyone else has to do. When they fail and realize they have been told no by someone they see as inferior their ego gets bruised and its a conspiracy and they get rather upset and have a little whinge and rant about it.

Based on the fact I've dealt with people like that before and based on the OP's version of events.

Nobody's looking to charm or bully anyone. The OP is asking for common sense to prevail. Plane and simple.

It's obvious some of the self righteous people here don't need common sense to even prevail in such matters because they always keep their receipts tucked away in a neat little folder!

Number 2 there is probably the reason the OP was told to fcuk off, same reason you'd be told to fcuk off too if I ever had to deal with ya. You think bullying someone will get you what you want. Many a time I had to deal with some arrogant ignorant cnut like that and I can tell you I didnt have one desire to do anything to help him more than what I needed to.

Just saw the last part of your post.

I'm sorry that you're angry. Maybe find another line of work?

I'm telling you, I wouldn't be leaving your place (with your attitude) without my fcuking box and I guarantee I'd get my way. Consumer usually does :)

Based on the fact I've dealt with people like that before and based on the OP's version of events.

Nobody's looking to charm or bully anyone. The OP is asking for common sense to prevail. Plane and simple.

It's obvious some of the self righteous people here don't need common sense to even prevail in such matters because they always keep their receipts tucked away in a neat little folder!

Your advice was to make him feel stupid and back him into a corner ffs. lol

If thats the way your going to deal with people dont expect them to do you any favors.

And given the OP's outrage over this he's either a grade A whinge bag who said nothing in the shop and hit the internet to moan or he acted in the shop in the manner he acted on here and didnt deserve any help.

Your advice was to make him feel stupid and back him into a corner ffs. lol

If thats the way your going to deal with people dont expect them to do you any favors.

And given the OP's outrage over this he's either a grade A whinge bag who said nothing in the shop and hit the internet to moan or he acted in the shop in the manner he acted on here and didnt deserve any help.

I'm saying that's how he'd feel. Not really the intent though.

It's a genuine question. And the answer to it is no, which shows, he was purposely being unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

No, the OP was chancing his arm and it didn't work out for him.

oh no, what a crying shame. The damned injustice of it all.

I'm telling you, I wouldn't be leaving your place (with your attitude) without my fcuking box and I guarantee I'd get my way. Consumer usually does :)

No you wouldnt, you'd huff and puff and have your little tantrum like all the rest then piss off and calm down, come back tail between your legs and plead for someone to help you (if you had a bit of cop on). Otherwise you'd go home and whinge to your wife or whoever you think gives a shít.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

One thing I noticed when I was in the UK for over a month was that there are actually less jobsworths over there than there are here.

Not without a receipt they dont

Fook outta my shop biatch!

• Advertisement

I've gone back many times with no receipt and people are generally willing to help you because it was obvious where I'd bought the item, I was sincere and just explained the issue.

But sure it is up to their discretion in most cases. They don't have to do anything. I'd say most probably would as you say.

This one obviously was sticking to the book for whatever reason (as they are fully within their rights to do) It's very unfair to suggest that if they don't want to help you out that they should be backed in to a corner and made "feel stupid".

I'm saying that's how he'd feel. Not really the intent though.

It's a genuine question. And the answer to it is no, which shows, he was purposely being unhelpful.

If you asked me I'd say yes, its impossible. Sorry sir you'll have to move aside your blocking other customers.

No you wouldnt, you'd huff and puff and have your little tantrum like all the rest then piss off and calm down, come back tail between your legs and plead for someone to help you (if you had a bit of cop on). Otherwise you'd go home and whinge to your wife or whoever you think gives a shít.

I wouldn't be huffing and puffing in the first place (though from my previous post it appeared I would've).

I don't get angry in these circumstance so I usually get my way - and both parties are happy.

I'd put my argument forward in a such a way as to see that you (the company 'you' ,in the case of the box) were being unreasonable and not showing any common sense without being so blunt.

If you asked me I'd say yes, its impossible. Sorry sir you'll have to move aside your blocking other customers.

And I'd ask you to explain why it's impossible (knowing you can't :))

But sure it is up to their discretion in most cases. They don't have to do anything. I'd say most probably would as you say.

This one obviously was sticking to the book for whatever reason (as they are fully within their rights to do) It's very unfair to suggest that if they don't want to help you out that they should be backed in to a corner and made "feel stupid".

And the problem is - people aren't willing to help other people. That's the real problem here. The one I'm trying to address.

I don't except his hands are tied in such circumstance. Company's can always exchange (especially in these circumstances). Unless it was his first day (doubt it) then he could ask him boss.

I said they'd feel that way given the nature of the question. The question questions the company more so then them. They don't know really why they're refusing, but that question makes them question it. If you get me.

Red Alert wrote: »
    One thing I noticed when I was in the UK for over a month was that there are actually less jobsworths over there than there are here.

I noticed that too. I spent a lot of time in the UK.

In fact, I notice it with Irish people and never encountered it anywhere else now you mention it.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be huffing and puffing in the first place (though from my previous post it appeared I would've).

I don't get angry in these circumstance so I usually get my way - and both parties are happy.

I'd put my argument forward in a such a way as to see that you (the company 'you' ,in the case of the box) were being unreasonable and not showing any common sense without being so blunt.

And if you had to deal with me and only me you wouldnt get anywhere regardless of how you put your argument. I cannot accept the item without the receipt.

How many times do you hear no before you get angry and unreasonable yourself ? Not many in my experience. Customers think they always have the high ground, they think the shop lacks common sense, decency and the ability to be reasonable. When in actual fact you bought something threw away the receipt which you knew you needed to exchange the item, you know the only thing you have left to do that is the good will of the shop. Yet you feel entitled to that good will, you wont accept anything else, you think they are obliged to help you regardless.

So who's really being the unreasonable one ?

Not without a receipt they dont

Fook outta my shop biatch!

So if I bought something from you today; Something with your shop logo all over it and it was you who sold it to me and I walked in tomorrow without the receipt and with the item still in it's original packaging looking for an exchange for something smaller/bigger you'd tell me to fook off?

Where do you work so I know not to shop there? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

And the problem is - people aren't willing to help other people. That's the real problem here. The one I'm trying to address.

Or how about you just keep your receipt?

Help us to help you, and all that shit.

I don't except his hands are tied in such circumstance. Company's can always exchange (especially in these circumstances). Unless it was his first day (doubt it) then he could ask him boss.

I said they'd feel that way given the nature of the question. The question questions the company more so then them. They don't know really why they're refusing, but that question makes them question it. If you get me.

I do see what you mean, but as you said yourself, most people will help you out.

I worded it wrong when I said it was up to their discretion. I meant more like you are wrong and they are right.

I'd imagine that the majority have their hands tied and for all you know they may have questioned it before. Not many will refuse just for the sake of it.

Of course there is the issue of lazy/unhelpful feckers too. Having seen OPs comment about the guy ignoring him for a newspaper, maybe this guy is one of those, rather than a jobsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

It's not like I was asking him to smuggle heroin into a prison for me. I think that swapping a couple of boxes was a fairly minor ask.

Yea, I should've had a receipt but I maintain that the combination of my story and the pristine, unused boxes would have proved nearly - if not exactly - what a receipt would have.

They are boxes to you, stock to his boss. He could have caused himself a headache when his boss does a stock take. Why would he even bother for some stranger? What was in it for him? He's an employee, he gets nothing from helping you other than potential hassle. No receipt, tough sh*t.

Also, a 'jobsworth' generally refers to people who ignore serious issues because it's 'more than their job is worth'. Your box problem doesn't fall into that category.

• Advertisement

And if you had to deal with me and only me you wouldnt get anywhere regardless of how you put your argument. I cannot accept the item without the receipt.

How many times do you hear no before you get angry and unreasonable yourself ? Not many in my experience. Customers think they always have the high ground, they think the shop lacks common sense, decency and the ability to be reasonable. When in actual fact you bought something threw away the receipt which you knew you needed to exchange the item, you know the only thing you have left to do that is the good will of the shop. Yet you feel entitled to that good will, you wont accept anything else, you think they are obliged to help you regardless.

So who's really being the unreasonable one ?

Maybe I didn't throw it way. Maybe I lost it. Yes, my fault I lost it, but sometimes it happens and you've no control over it. Have you ever lost something?

All I'd be asking for is a bit of empathy, understanding and common sense which seems to have gone out window with the Celtic Tiger!

I've gone to great pains to impress upon the thread how I conducted myself and I'm not interested in writing more about it. I refer you to my most recent defence of my behaviour:
    Okay, there seems to be a perception that I argued with the chap I was dealing with. That's absolutely not the case. I - very politely - asked if he'd swap the boxes and he said no. I said okay, I'd like to buy some boxes then, please. There was no extended argument where I swore at him, invoked my human rights or made a scene. The reasons for this are two-fold:

1) I'm actually pretty polite and good natured. I have no desire to upset or harass people, particularly when they work in retail or have public-facing roles. I appreciate they get a lot of $hit from people and have no interest in contributing to that.
    2) I had better things to do than negotiate over a tenner's worth of cardboard with someone who was apparently very resolute in his convictions. While not pleased about it, I instantly accepted that it was a cost I was going to have to absorb.
    Now, you're quite entitled to dispute my testimony if you wish but I suggest you keep your speculations to yourself. I've given an honest and accurate appraisal of the situation. Unless you were either a) the young lady working behind the til or b) the chap I dealt with then you have no business disputing how the discussion unfolded.

I accepted long ago that I wouldn't be swapping my boxes. We're not negotiating any engage (as far as I'm aware?) What we are discussing is the idea of a guy going into a shop without a receipt and being told to fcuk off. I think that any discourse should be based upon the facts that are available (if you'd prefer, we can pretend it's an imaginary scenario).

Problem is some people think they are entitled to that. They expect it and demand it and hit the roof when they dont get it. People get upset when a stranger doesnt do them a favor.

I do see what you mean, but as you said yourself, most people will help you out.

I worded it wrong when I said it was up to their discretion. I meant more like you are wrong and they are right.

I'd imagine that the majority have their hands tied and for all you know they may have questioned it before. Not many will refuse just for the sake of it.

Of course there is the issue of lazy/unhelpful feckers too. Having seen OPs comment about the guy ignoring him for a newspaper, maybe this guy is one of those, rather than a jobsworth.

OK, but as the OP pointed out the excuse the guy gave was that he 'couldn't put it back in the system' without the receipt. Sorry, but a receipt cannot be relied on as the be-all and end-all of this situation, given the circumstances of the exchange.

The box was in it's original packaging, there'd still be a barcode. The guy who sold the OP the box was right there.

So if I bought something from you today; Something with your shop logo all over it and it was you who sold it to me and I walked in tomorrow without the receipt and with the item still in it's original packaging looking for an exchange for something smaller/bigger you'd tell me to fook off?

Where do you work so I know not to shop there? :p

Yes because its my shop and I didnt like the head of ye when you were buying it. Sir if you continue to raise your voice I will call security. Sir what are you doing? I dont want any trouble! SECURITY!!!!!!!!!

:P

Also, a 'jobsworth' generally refers to people who ignore serious issues because it's 'more than their job is worth'. Your box problem doesn't fall into that category.

jobsworth /ˈdʒɒbzwə:θ/

noun Brit. informal an official who upholds petty rules even at the expense of humanity or common sense.
    – origin 1970s: from ‘it's more than my job's worth (not) to’.

Problem is some people think they are entitled to that. They expect it and demand it and hit the roof when they dont get it. People get upset when a stranger doesnt do them a favor.

If people are spending money in your shop you want them to have the best experiences possible so they go back.

If you treat every exchange case like this you won't have many customers.

Edit: You could be helpful if you wanted to. What you're saying essentially is you don't want to be, to me anyway.

OK, but as the OP pointed out the excuse the guy gave was that he 'couldn't put it back in the system' without the receipt. Sorry, but a receipt cannot be relied on as the be-all and end-all of this situation, given the circumstances of the exchange.

The box was in it's original packaging, there'd still be a barcode. The guy who sold the OP the box was right there.

Maybe there is something on the receipt that he needs. Maybe his boss is a cúnt and says that if the amount of reciepts doesn't match the amount of credits that they'll have to answer for it. Maybe there is a complete ban on staff taking returns without a receipt.

You have to take the guys word for it. You are in the wrong.

I've gone to great pains to impress upon the thread how I conducted myself and I'm not interested in writing more about it. I refer you to my most recent defence of my behaviour:

Now, you're quite entitled to dispute my testimony if you wish but I suggest you keep your speculations to yourself. I've given an honest and accurate appraisal of the situation. Unless you were either a) the young lady working behind the til or b) the chap I dealt with then you have no business disputing how the discussion unfolded.

I accepted long ago that I wouldn't be swapping my boxes. We're not negotiating any engage (as far as I'm aware?) What we are discussing is the idea of a guy going into a shop without a receipt and being told to fcuk off. I think that any discourse should be based upon the facts that are available (if you'd prefer, we can pretend it's an imaginary scenario).

So he told you to fcuk off did he ? I am going by the facts as you tell them. In your op you show a guy dong nothing wrong then start name calling and having a shít fit. You can say anything you want after that but the initial reaction shows what your like more so than any amount of "I'm actually a really great guy" later on when people call you up on it.

If people are spending money in your shop you want them to have the best experiences possible so they go back.

If you treat every exchange case like this you won't have many customers.

Edit: You could be helpful if you wanted to. What you're saying essentially is you don't want to be, to me anyway.

No I'm saying the problem arises with customers who think they are entitled to good will and favors because they have brought custom to the shop.

I as a shop assistant have a job to do. That involves doing what the company tells me to do in certain situation. Whether its going out and trying to sell something to someone knowing they dont want it or refusing to accept a return without a receipt. These things are expected of me by my employer.

Not every exchange is like this, the vast vast majority give me what I need to help them. The ones who end up in a dispute are not likely to come back any regardless of how it ends. So future custom of theirs is meaningless in that situation. Its down to whether I can help them and how much hassle I'm willing to go through to do it. If I dont feel like going through any hassle then who are you to get upset about that ? Why should I have to shoulder hassle thats not part of my job to please some guy I dont know ?

• Advertisement

Maybe there is something on the receipt that he needs. Maybe his boss is a cúnt and says that if the amount of reciepts doesn't match the amount of credits that they'll have to answer for it. Maybe there is a complete ban on staff taking returns without a receipt.

The OP just wanted to change a box. He could've left that one, the more expensive one and taken the smaller one that was actually 2e less.

Where's the problem?

I guess we just differ when it comes to this.

Yea, maybe there is something on the receipt that he needed to put the thing back on the system but it cost a tenner. It's not a big deal for someone to just stick it back on the shelf and let the system get a little bit disorganised. It's not as though it was a particularly expensive product.

When I was a kid my dad knew the manager of a sweet shop (he didn't own it). One day my old fella and him were talking outside the business and the manager told me to go in, take whatever sweets I wanted and tell the staff it was okay. I very much doubt that he accounted for my Desperate Dan bar or my Sherbert Delight when he gave his accounts to his boss. It's far more likely that because the difference between their stock-take and their stock was so minor that no one really cared.

So yes, what I was asking the box man to do was put the company at a very minor bit of inconvenience. Still reasonable to ask, I think.

Yea, maybe there is something on the receipt that he needed to put the thing back on the system but it cost a tenner. It's not a big deal for someone to just stick it back on the shelf and let the system get a little bit disorganised. It's not as though it was a particularly expensive product.

That sums up your argument that does. Your pissed off because the guy wouldnt do you a personal favor and disrupt the company stock ???

You think thats a reasonable request ? Honestly ?

No I'm saying the problem arises with customers who think they are entitled to good will and favors because they have brought custom to the shop.

I as a shop assistant have a job to do. That involves doing what the company tells me to do in certain situation. Whether its going out and trying to sell something to someone knowing they dont want it or refusing to accept a return without a receipt. These things are expected of me by my employer.

Not every exchange is like this, the vast vast majority give me what I need to help them. The ones who end up in a dispute are not likely to come back any regardless of how it ends. So future custom of theirs is meaningless in that situation. Its down to whether I can help them and how much hassle I'm willing to go through to do it. If I dont feel like going through any hassle then who are you to get upset about that ? Why should I have to shoulder hassle thats not part of my job to please some guy I dont know

Well I guess we both just expect different of ourselves and other people.

As someone who's dealing with people, this a poor attitude to have and one that is prevalent in Ireland.

Sure you 'don't have to', but why not just help somebody out of basic human kindness?

I worked in a shop years ago and always tried to help someone if they came in asking for it or an exchange or whatever.

No offence, but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about customers.

So yes, what I was asking the box man to do was put the company at a very minor bit of inconvenience. Still reasonable to ask, I think.

Yeah reasonable to ask in your view, and the view of the other ten people with no receipts that day.

It all adds up. He has no interest in explaining messed up stock because you forgot your receipt.

That sums up your argument that does. Your pissed off because the guy wouldnt do you a personal favor and disrupt the company stock ???

Disrupt the company stock!? Oh my God! How ever will it be fixed?

Emm put through an exchange. Manual or otherwise.

So he told you to fcuk off did he ? I am going by the facts as you tell them. In your op you show a guy dong nothing wrong then start name calling and having a shít fit. You can say anything you want after that but the initial reaction shows what your like more so than any amount of "I'm actually a really great guy" later on when people call you up on it.

FFS. I was merely mirroring the language you used in your previous post (I left out the bit where you called me a cnut on the sly though - very good, by the way).

I didn't have a "$hit fit", as you put it. I had a normal, professional conversation with the man, although I thought he was being a cnut.
    You can say anything you want after that but the initial reaction shows what your like more so than any amount of "I'm actually a really great guy" later on when people call you up on it.

Hmm, that's quite a bit of psychological analysis there. Tell me, what credentials facilitated that insight?

Yes, I do. Honestly.

Yeah reasonable to ask in your view, and the view of the other ten people with no receipts that day.

It all adds up. He has no interest in explaining messed up stock because you forgot your receipt.

Honestly, I wouldn't care whether he disrupts his stock, puts it through as an exchange, puts it down to "damaged stock"...whatever. It doesn't interest me. Does that make me a d!ckhead? No, it doesn't. It makes me a customer who might require a little bit more attention.

• Advertisement

No offence, but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about customers.

I think Bad Panda's hit the nail on the head.

Advertisement