Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Scrap Pieces Project

Options
  • 10-07-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Howdy all, I'm sitting here at the moment and thinking my way through getting two motherboards running together. Would anyone have any advice on it?
    While the project is only for the fun of it the two motherboards both have a problem each, one has no ability to read hard drives and the other has no video output.
    I'd like to beat the pair of them and all their related peripherals into one functioning beast. Chances are, if possible, to run it as a media home server thing.

Any advice is much appreciated, and apparently from a quick google search dual mobo is next to impossible, and laughed at, but just on the off chance here I am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm agreeing with Google on this one, it's just not practically possible :(

Could always attempt to solder the broken ports of one (hoping that the ports are the problem, unlikely that it is) onto the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

Aye, that may just work, now to see which bits of a laptop motherboard are compatible to a pc. While this is certainly going to look silly it may just work.

Advertisement