Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Australian Cattle dog breeders/ for sale

• 10-07-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobbieDGooner

I am looking for any info on where I might be able to get my hands on an Australian Cattle dog/ Blue heeler in Ireland. I have searched the net in vain and have yet to find a definite lead. So I thought posting a new thread here would ne the next best thing. Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I've never heard of any in the country tbh. Are you looking for an actual stock dog or did you just want one as a pet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobbieDGooner

I used to own one when I lived in Oz. Would just want one for a pet

I don't think you'd find one in the country tbh. Was going to recommend a welsh sheep dog if you wanted an actual stock dog, but they don't let any of them go to non working homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Hi, I own two ACDs, male and female, don't have any puppies yet, because they're too young and I'd like to attend some more dog shows before mating but definitely planning to have some litter possibly next year. The blue one on the picture is the male (sire: triple world dog show winner Heelersridge Emublu King, dam: International champion Miss Aussie Cidabro), the red one is female (sire: Int.Ch. Doc Bar Cidabro, dam: Grand CH. Boorowa od Dorrinky).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 blue heeler fan

I am also looking for breeders of blue heelers in ireland. Please if any one has any leads etc. I have had Heelers before when I lived in Australia and I found them to be great dogs. Please can anyone help????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paul2davis

Snip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

Love these dogs, had the pleasure of working with three of them on a farm in Oz, so intelligent. Would love to see the breed grow here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Koli

Hi ACD, I've also been searching for an ACD with no avail and was delighted to see your post. We've a large back garden and a family farm. Would be really interested in one of your pups if you ever consider mating them. If you know anyone else or can help with the search that'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

I am looking for any info on where I might be able to get my hands on an Australian Cattle dog/ Blue heeler in Ireland. I have searched the net in vain and have yet to find a definite lead. So I thought posting a new thread here would ne the next best thing. Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Rob

Hi, had a red heeler for thirteen years, what a dog. Currently looking for another and would like to find a breeder in Ireland if there is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SusannC

I once found a Blue cattle dog in the Farmers Journal and the farmer I got her from bought her from a breeder in Mayo. Think the number is mod edit: please pm this poster for phone number
    There are places here that breed them, they are used for herding sheep.
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bullhorn Ranch

SusannC wrote: »
    I once found a Blue cattle dog in the Farmers Journal and the farmer I got her from bought her from a breeder in Mayo. Think the number is mod edit: please pm this poster for phone number
    There are places here that breed them, they are used for herding sheep.
    Good Luck

Hi i was looking for blue healers in Ireland and found this site. I see you have helped others is there any breeders in Ireland.
    Thank you for taking the time read
    Regards
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SusannC

They can definately be got here!

There is a breeding place in Mayo and number is <snip> It's been a while since I called them, but just goolge it, you will find one.

For the second time, please do not publish phone numbers on this site. One more example of ignoring mod instructions, and this thread will be deleted.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Hi, just a word of advice for anyone considering buying an ACD- please do your research before getting one. ACDs are very intelligent, have high energy levels and if not exercised properly both mentally and physically, they will find their own way to keep themselves busy ie. digging your garden, chewing on furniture etc. Personally I wouldn't recommend them for first time dog owners.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from getting them, they are fantastic dogs, always by your side, ready to play, my lot would die to play ball, I know of many people doing agility, flyball etc. with them, they are a very good match for active people.

Also make sure the breeder does all the relevant health test- minimum would be hip scoring, genetic testing for PRA, possibly elbow scoring, BAER (hearing) testing and be wary of breeders, who won't ask you a lot of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bullhorn Ranch

SusannC wrote: »
    They can definately be got here!

There is a breeding place in Mayo and number is <snip> It's been a while since I called them, but just goolge it, you will find one.

For the second time, please do not publish phone numbers on this site. One more example of ignoring mod instructions, and this thread will be deleted.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Hi
    First thank you for getting back to me. I just seen your reply and did not get the number. Is there any way I can contact you without breaking the rules as I do not know what pm me means.

Also just to let people know that may have concerns I have studied the breed and as I keep Springer Spaniels which are just as lively and get up to the mischievous things and live on a farm I have the time and space for the ACD.

Once again thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hi
    Is there any way I can contact you without breaking the rules as I do not know what pm me means.
    PM means "private message". If you click on SusannCs username you will see the option to "send a private message" and vice versa. You can swap info that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JamesN38

ACD wrote: »
    Hi, I own two ACDs, male and female, don't have any puppies yet, because they're too young and I'd like to attend some more dog shows before mating but definitely planning to have some litter possibly next year. The blue one on the picture is the male (sire: triple world dog show winner Heelersridge Emublu King, dam: International champion Miss Aussie Cidabro), the red one is female (sire: Int.Ch. Doc Bar Cidabro, dam: Grand CH. Boorowa od Dorrinky).

Where did you get the dogs??? In Ireland or abroad??

I brought them over from Czech republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paul2davis

<snip>

paul2davis wrote: »
    <snip>

If you post in this thread again you will be permanently banned from the forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement