Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

• 10-07-2012 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I know it's not technically an RPG but has anyone been playing Theatrhythm?

I'm really liking it so far, if you're a fan of Final Fantasy music you'll get a real nostalgia kick out of it and there seems to be a good selection of songs from each game.

It has some light RPG elements - the characters have stats, level up and can learn skills, though I don't think any of that will really come into play until the higher difficulties.

There are lots of fun cameos and nice little touchs too, like getting bonus exp if your main character is from the same game as the current song :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ye played the demo and wtf......SquareEnix is indeed some business man now. getting it soon!

edit: apparently there are DLC for this. I don't like BS like that and thus not getting it, may be when the price goes under 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Played the demo and it seems fun. Is there a story or is it just a series of missions? Anyone who where it's the cheapest to buy right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

There's a bit of waffle at the start about restoring a musical crystal or something, but there's no proper story or dialogue to speak of. You select one of 3 modes from the menu:

Series mode - Pick a Final Fantasy and play 3 songs from it in a row
    Challenge mode - Pick any song you want and try for a high score
    Chaos Shrine - Play 2 mystery songs in a row at a fairly high difficulty

Chaos Shrine is really cool because it seems randomised and the songs are different from series mode so you never know what you're going to get.

I don't know about price, I paid €45 in the shops because I wanted it on day one but I imagine it'll be cheaper online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Great "casual game", but it's seems impossible to unlock any extra characters. I'm sure I'm going to get bored with this game before I can unlock any extra characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

I got it a few weeks ago after playing the demo. Highly recommended if you a fan of FF's music. It's usually only about 17 to 20 euro online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement