Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clinivet dog food ?

• 10-07-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

i just got some samples for storm my siberian husky female 2yrs old 24kg.
    i have have storm on royal canine and she likes it. its ok when royal canine is on sale but at 65€ its to pricey.
    i was talking to a sales person and she said that clinivet is a good food,that its made by vets and that the ingredients are good and 50€ standard and 40€ sale its a good price.
    she gave me some samples which i will see if storm like and keep posted but i just wanted to know if anybody has had good/bad expeirences with the food.
    ingredients: protrein:24%, oil:14%, fibre:3.0%, ash:8.5%, vitamins:A:15,000IU/kg, D3 1500IU/kg, E (as alpha tocopherol) 200IU/kg, copper (as cupric sulphate 16mg/kg).
    any good dog food you would recommend that is cheaper than royal canine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I was in the same boat, found RC too expensive and was given the samples, I gave the sample to my dog and over night she destroyed the room she sleeps in, it took days to clean it, she was quite distressed, never gave her Clinivet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

2qk4u wrote: »
    I was in the same boat, found RC too expensive and was given the samples, I gave the sample to my dog and over night she destroyed the room she sleeps in, it took days to clean it, she was quite distressed, never gave her Clinivet again.
    oh,that doesnt sound good.and i gave storm one of the clinivet nuggets and she sniffed it and had no interest.
    what are you feeding your dog now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 tipseymcT

I bought a bag of it last week for my overweight retriever.She is eating it but not liking it as much as the royal canine.Its too early yet to see if its making much of a difference to her.
    Im not going to buy another bag,after doing a bit of research,Burns seems to be the best value for money,can get 2 bags of the 'high oats' for overweight senior dogs for €96 when I order from zooplus.ie .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I switched from Burns to Clinivet Junior as it has higher meat content, and it did wonders for my dog. He's in great condition with a lovely shiny coat.
    It's still a lot of money though, and I supplement with real meat as well. Hoping to switch completely to home cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Both my dogs, Rottweilers are fed Clinivet and are in tip top condition. I show them both so have to have them looking their best and this food really suits them. Everyone always comments on their coats etc. I would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement

2qk4u wrote: »

It was probably a shock to her system. With food, you have to change over gradually or it can upset the stomach which obviously happened to your dog. ANy changes should always be gradual over the space of a week or 2.

i think im going to try "taste of the wild" from zooplus.ie. meant to be great for huskys and www.dogfoodanalysis.com has it as one of the best dog foods(6*).
    its 50€ a bag.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/taste_of_the_wild/231826

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

LK KID wrote: »
    i think im going to try "taste of the wild" from zooplus.ie. meant to be great for huskys and www.dogfoodanalysis.com has it as one of the best dog foods(6*).
    its 50€ a bag.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/taste_of_the_wild/231826

Make sure you shop around on zooplus - the different sites often have different prices and offers so you might be able to save a few euro. Can you report back and let us know how you get on with the food pls? My guy is on raw/barf but I give him cereal free James Wellbeloved as training treats on the off chance that he has to go to kennels etc. I was thinking of switching to TOTW as it's around the same price and seems like a better food.

tk123 wrote: »
    Make sure you shop around on zooplus - the different sites often have different prices and offers so you might be able to save a few euro. Can you report back and let us know how you get on with the food pls? My guy is on raw/barf but I give him cereal free James Wellbeloved as training treats on the off chance that he has to go to kennels etc. I was thinking of switching to TOTW as it's around the same price and seems like a better food.
    i could only find zooplus.ie that would ship in ireland.
    what other sites are there?it would be a big help if there is a few.
    i will let ye know how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

andreac wrote: »
    It was probably a shock to her system. With food, you have to change over gradually or it can upset the stomach which obviously happened to your dog. ANy changes should always be gradual over the space of a week or 2.

You are right, I gave her the full sample but it was a very small pack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Boogiewoogie

Hi Andrea

Can you please tell me which of the Clinivet flavour/lifestage your Rotties are on and where do you buy it.

Many thanks

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

i could only find zooplus.ie that would ship in ireland.
    what other sites are there?it would be a big help if there is a few.
    i will let ye know how it goes

There's loads of different zooplus sites - . if you go to any page on zooplus.ie and scroll down the list of all the sites is on the bottom right. Everything comes from the same ware house in Germany but the different sites have different offers and prices for example on zooplus.de you get one of those funny zooplus bowls free with TOTW :)

tk123 wrote: »
    There's loads of different zooplus sites - . if you go to any page on zooplus.ie and scroll down the list of all the sites is on the bottom right. Everything comes from the same ware house in Germany but the different sites have different offers and prices for example on zooplus.de you get one of those funny zooplus bowls free with TOTW :)
    thanks,the irish zooplus only has the salmon one in 13.6kg bags but the german site have them all in stock and a free bowl.if i order from the german site will they send it to ireland?will the shipping be free?how long will it take?
    are there any other sites than zooplus?
    thanks

i just bought the 6.8kg "taste of the wild-pacific stream canine" from zooplus.ie for €29.99 with free shipping. I was going to get the two 13.6kg bags for €98 but I'll see how storm like it and if she does I'll get that next time.

Hi Andrea

Can you please tell me which of the Clinivet flavour/lifestage your Rotties are on and where do you buy it.

Many thanks

B

Mine are on the Adult Large Breed and i buy it directly from their site. Free delivery :)

Mine are on the Adult Large Breed and i buy it directly from their site. Free delivery :)
    how much is it off theyr site?
    its 10€ off in petmania so its 45€

how much is it off theyr site?
    its 10€ off in petmania so its 45€

It depends, i get breeders prices so its cheaper. If its €45 in Petmania it would be cheaper there than their website at the mo.

Have a look yourself, its in sterling dont forget though.

http://www.clinivet.com/

It depends, i get breeders prices so its cheaper. If its €45 in Petmania it would be cheaper there than their website at the mo.

Have a look yourself, its in sterling dont forget though.

http://www.clinivet.com/
    how did you get the breeders price,if you dont mind me asking?

how did you get the breeders price,if you dont mind me asking?

Ive a registered Kennel name with the IKC so think thats how i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 powwowpaws

Hi,

Newbie here, but wanted to add that I've my lab on Clinivet and she's doing brilliantly on it. I had a look at a different foods before settling on this one, and i'm so glad I found it. I buy direct from their site and get free delivery, also if you sign up to get their newsletter, they'll let you know of any offers coming up. Hope this helps :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement