Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Ace upgrade to 2.3.6 - help

Options
  • 10-07-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi there,

I hope im asking in the right place, if not feel free to move.

I tried to upgrade my galaxy ace to gingerbread 2.3.6, as ive read this is the latest official version of android for the ace, is that true? Anyway, I used odin and downloaded the Irish/UK firmware from sammobile. build S5830XWKPY_S5830XEUKP1_XEU. It lists it as 2.3.6. But after the upgrade my version number still says 2.3.3 in settings. I reset and rebooted the cache/phone but still no luck.

I am using the wrong firmware? During the update I noticed the phone output "Appling Muti-CSC -- Cant access to system/csc/XEU/system" or something along those lines, it says the same thing in the recovery mode. Odin gave no error though and he phone works fine, and is restored to factory settings. Did the update fail or I am using the wrong firmware?

Any help would be great, this is my first android phone :]

Comments

Advertisement