Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundrum cancel 50 cent appearance!

• 10-07-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone,

Just interested to hear others views on this latest news-apparently after 50 cents controversial remarks such as asking disabled people not to follow him on twitter and claiming a fan looked autistic after being crudely told to "go and get shot again", carphone warehouse have cancelled his appearance tomorrow to promote his new (300euro!) headphones...Apparently Dundrum Town Centre's facebook page was inundated with complaints and threats of protests etc on his arrival.

I understand that because of security reasons, it was probably the best option but for people to cause such uproar over those comments (which he apologised for) and threaten to boycott the entire shopping centre may be a bit overboard is it?? I understand his comments were completely offensive and inappropriate but so is the majority of his music!?! He was never seen as a role model anyway surely so is anyone really suprised at his ignorant comments!? If you or your children didnt want to go to see him than you didnt have to! Im not a 50 cent fan at all but I was just interested to hear other peoples thoughts-
    Did Carphone Warehouse/Dundrum make the right call by disappointing hundreds of fans over outraged parents?? Here is a link to an article on it..

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/no-plans-to-reschedule-50-cent-visit-after-autism-comments-558591.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Some talentless **** says something wankerish.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What is it about these celebrities and social networking sites such as twitter.
    One minute they're crying about photographers following them around and the next they're trolling on twitter, idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

So he's reduced to pimping headphones at Carphone Warehouse in Dundrum Shopping Centre now?

Sounds about right.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    So he's reduced to pimping headphones at Carphone Warehouse in Dundrum Shopping Centre now?

Sounds about right.
    Is it "beats" he's trying to sell:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

El Weirdo wrote: »

Sounds about right.

He played Waterford last year or the year before, pinnacle of his career :pac:

I'd rather find 50 cent than see 50 Cent tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Good. No need for the inner city and west dublin skangers to infest the area now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

He's a despicable ape. Whatever about people liking Tom Cruise it would be a tremendous blow to my opinion of a person to learn they liked that asshat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

humbert wrote: »
    He's a despicable ape.

Racist :pac:

Meh. He's crap.

That's just me 2cents.

Good. No need for the inner city and west dublin skangers to infest the area now.
    It would have been a great social experiment though all the same, what would happen when a load of heads and a load of dorts are under the one roof...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

The hilarity. Like that's the first offensive thing he has said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I'm devestated that "Fiddy" isnt coming

Boooooo Hooooo how will I ever get out of bed tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Oh no! Now who will teach me about pimping out hoes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Surely in today's global economic climate he should now be called 40 cent??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Tanner and tuppence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Red Hand wrote: »
    Tanner and tuppence.
    How about "Complete Fucking Knob"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

And lets face it, him calling people retarded is a bit like the sexually confused bully beating up the gay kid.

Can they not get P-Diddlydoo to fill in for him? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I really don't understand why people would spend 300 euro on '50 Cent' headphones. I'd happily spend that much on headphones but they'd be far superior quality to Dr Dre, 50 cent equivalent.

In regards to the cancellation of the event. I'd find it highly offensive to be using autism as an insult against a person. It's bad PR for Carphone Warehouse and Dundrum Shopping Center to go ahead with the event. I'd happily let the event go ahead though, in the hopes that an angry parent does in fact beat him up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Yeah, because Dundrum is used to a much better class of teenage moron!
    Corkfeen wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people would spend 300 euro on 50 Cent headphones. I'd happily spend that much on headphones but they'd be far superior quality to Dr Dre, 50 cent equivalent.

In regards to the cancellation of the event. I'd find it highly offensive to be using autism as an insult against a person. It's bad PR for Carphone Warehouse and Dundrum Shopping Center to go ahead with the event. I'd happily let the event go ahead though, in the hopes that an angry parent does in fact beat him up. :pac:

That's some mark-up!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Those high-end chavs will be most upset. Jedward available? DJ Church maybe.. Ghetto-ize. Kidnappings, as practical jokes

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people would spend 300 euro on 50 Cent headphones. I'd happily spend that much on headphones but they'd be far superior quality to Dr Dre, 50 cent equivalent.

Yeah getting ripped off to the tune of €299.50 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Those high-end chavs will be most upset. Jedward available? DJ Church maybe.. Ghetto-ize. Kidnappings, as practical jokes

Swedish House Mafia? :rolleyes:

Could they not arrange a gun-totin' bulletproof-vest wearing hologram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Hi everyone,

Just interested to hear others views on this latest news-apparently after 50 cents controversial remarks such as asking disabled people not to follow him on twitter and claiming a fan looked autistic after being crudely told to "go and get shot again", carphone warehouse have cancelled his appearance tomorrow to promote his new (300euro!) headphones...Apparently Dundrum Town Centre's facebook page was inundated with complaints and threats of protests etc on his arrival?

1) He is an idiot for making those comments regardless of whether he apologised.

2) People can protest all they want on Facebook. The reality is that very few if any would end up showing up at this appearance. They are most likely internet warriors.

3) There is no such thing as 'bad press'. I had no idea that he had ever said these things, and I also never knew that he had his own line of €300 headphones. Now I do.

He's a retard. And a massive Irish role model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 StevenGerrard

Its Very Disappointing Ruined My plans,...ah well stay in bed a listen to the rain so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Its Very Disappointing Ruined My plans,...ah well stay in bed a listen to the rain so :)

what rain ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2171592/Steven-Gerrard-surrounded-swimsuit-clad-girls-Ibiza--hold-candle-stunning-wife.html :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Jarren wrote: »

what rain ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2171592/Steven-Gerrard-surrounded-swimsuit-clad-girls-Ibiza--hold-candle-stunning-wife.html :D

Got to love the tabloids, "surrounded by swimsuit clad girls" - Theres 5 blokes with him and only 2 girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 After Hours Hobo

50 cent? I had one of those once...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

LH Pathe wrote: »
    He's a retard.
    Oh the irony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

So he apologised for the comments, has he apologised for the music yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Him been buddy buddy with Mayweather tells you all you need to know about this moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hmmm...

50 cent is a useless prick...

If I had half a dolla everytime I heard that.

I'll just leave this here.....who knows I might get signed.

*ahem*

Check it
    Yeow!
    Check it
    Meow!

It's me! Tedddd-dy,
    postin' again on boards.ie,
    so get ready and take some medicine,
    it's your bhoy the original Tedson!
    Giddy Up!

Giddy Up!

Sit yer arse back down

Posting away,
    All day long,
    Here in my underpants,
    Rappin' my favourite song.
    Giddy Up!

Giddy Up!

Sit yer arse back down and Giddy Up!

I'm a wild Teddy bear,
    Bad to the bone,
    Big shout out now to a future mod,
    my bhoy, Chuck Stone!-
    -Giddy Up!

Giddy Up!

Sit yer arse back down

I'm kickin' it here,
    in After Hours,
    talkin' bout transphobia,
    and Paddy Powers
    Giddy Up!

Giddy Up!

Sit yer arse back down

I'm off now,
    to get some rest,
    you can find me later,
    in tCN!
    Giddy Up!

Stand up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Money Saving Tip: How to Get 50 Cent earphones for 50 cent

Take two 25 cent pieces. Tape them to your ears.

You now have 50 Cent earphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yes because only scumbags like rap! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't people just tippex 'Dickhead' on a pair of normal headphones for a similar but cheaper effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

All the orange "babes" will be disappointed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

after 50 cents controversial remarks such as asking disabled people not to follow him on twitter and claiming a fan looked autistic after being crudely told to "go and get shot again",

it took an autisitc kid to say ''go and get shot again'' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Hi everyone,

Just interested to hear others views on this latest news-apparently after 50 cents controversial remarks such as asking disabled people not to follow him on twitter

Got as far as twitter.......

It's for quears, americans and american quears.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

O P Banana .You write a very long post are you in the Industry ? Tell that HOG to stay away we don't need that Filth here .

Advertisement