Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question from my son?

• 10-07-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Hi guy's, My son has just got into minecraft( he's 12) and now wants to go onto a server with other people. Do you have any suggestions were to go looking for that? Also, I tried putting in the board.ie IP put it would not let me in? Do I need an invite?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yes, in order to get onto the Boards.ie server the MineCraft username will have to be white-listed by a server admin.
    Simply visit this post;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056477479
    Reply and enter the username to be white-listed and someone will look after it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

its also worth noting that every server has a set of rules which it expects its players to respect the strictness of which depends on the server and staff. i wouldnt presume to suggest your son would be up to no good but its best to make yourself aware of any rules so that misunderstandings do not occur. i have seen this happen all too many times when simply reading a brief outline of the rules would have prevented it.

this also works the other way, sort of 'know your rights' kinda thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I would recommend for him to try out the Boards.ie server. We have a great community of regular users who would be more than happy to welcome him. I am a moderator for that server and all we request is that the rules on the Boards.ie thread are followed.

He must provide his in game name so that we can add him to the whitelist, allowing him access.

I would also recommend that he tries out Tallon's server which can also be found on this forum. Both boards.ie and Tallon's server are made up of mainly Irish users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Thanks gavmcg92, his name Dnuuke. He has read the rules but, is unsure on a couple (moo farm and pillars). I'd hate for him to get banned for something he didn't understand. Is there someone in game that could show him the ropes? Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Thanks gavmcg92, his name Dnuuke. He has read the rules but, is unsure on a couple (moo farm and pillars). I'd hate for him to get banned for something he didn't understand. Is there someone in game that could show him the ropes? Thanks again.

mob farms are large dark rooms built by users so that mobs spawn, allowing the user to kill them and take their items on a large scale. They are banned because of the ease of use and ability to collect large quantities on items that should be difficult to obtain.
    Pillars of 1 block diameter that go into the sky that are normally created for navigation are also not allowed on the server because generally they are an eye sore and serve a purpose to individual users only.
    Please also make him aware that when he cuts down trees, he must do so fully and not leave trees half cut down.
    In saying that I have whitelisted him for the Boards.ie server (78.137.161.116), if he needs any help just ask anyone there online. They would be more than happy to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    mob farms are large dark rooms built by users so that mobs spawn, allowing the user to kill them and take their items on a large scale. They are banned because of the ease of use and ability to collect large quantities on items that should be difficult to obtain.
    Pillars of 1 block diameter that go into the sky that are normally created for navigation are also not allowed on the server because generally they are an eye sore and serve a purpose to individual users only.
    Please also make him aware that when he cuts down trees, he must do so fully and not leave trees half cut down.
    In saying that I have whitelisted him for the Boards.ie server (78.137.161.116), if he needs any help just ask anyone there online. They would be more than happy to help.

Thanks again I'll let him know.

Advertisement